Manual Firmware Update is Failing.

a week ago - last edited Saturday
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220609

Hi there, I am trying to update the firmware of my AX53(US) V1 but it keeps failing repeatedly. I have downloaded the latest firmware available on the TP-Link India website. When I select the firmware file and click "UPDATE" an error message shows up as 'Upload error'.

What to do? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Manual Firmware Update is Failing.-Solution

@Subhrajit_P 

Actually, the Archer AX53 V1 is one of those models that use a universal firmware for all regions.

The firmware that currently offers the most features on the AX53 is the beta version that can be downloaded from the list here https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

Make sure you upload the extracted *.bin file and also perform the update while connected to the AX53 locally, because firmware update via remote login might not be supported.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Manual Firmware Update is Failing.
a week ago

@Subhrajit_P 

Hi,

If you connect your Archer AX53 to the Internet, does it not find any firmware update by itself via the "Online Update" feature? Does it always say "Firmware is up to date"?

Options
a week ago
Yes, It always says "Firmware is up-to-date".
Options
a week ago

@Subhrajit_P 

Is the full description of the currently installed firmware version "1.1.1 Build 20220609 rel.63858(4555)" ?   (as shown in the firmware update menu)

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@woozle Yes, that is the full version.

I am a resident of India and bought the device in India but I can't update the firmware available on the TP-Link India website. It's strange.

Options
Re:Manual Firmware Update is Failing.-Solution

@Subhrajit_P 

Actually, the Archer AX53 V1 is one of those models that use a universal firmware for all regions.

The firmware that currently offers the most features on the AX53 is the beta version that can be downloaded from the list here https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/593722

Make sure you upload the extracted *.bin file and also perform the update while connected to the AX53 locally, because firmware update via remote login might not be supported.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@woozle All right, let me check.

Thank you so much. You really helped me and clarified my confusion.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 6

Related Articles