Problems with Deco X55 and Samsung S24 phone

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.5 build 20240718 rel 44414

Hello,

I just bought a 3pcs set of Deco X55. I am using them as an access point. I have problems with the connection to my Samsung Galaxy S24. Other devices seem to be working fine. Samsung S22, Iphone 13, Samsung Tab A9..

With my phone the connections goes off very frequently and the network is un usable. I've tried many thing found from this forum. Tried both 2,4 and 5ghz. Tried guest network usage. Basic resets done.

When the network is working, and I run the Ookla Speedtest, I get good download speeds, but upload shows 0mb/s. 

Is there any tips what to do, or should I take the equipment back to the seller?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Problems with Deco X55 and Samsung S24 phone
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@MarkkuPi 

I recommend the following steps for troubleshooting:

1. Disable the Wi-Fi on your router; you may need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance with this.

2. Perform a factory reset on all your Deco units by pressing the button located at the bottom of each device.

3. Set up one of your Deco units using either Option #1 or Option #2 as shown in the image below:

![Setup Options](https://static.tp-link.com/upload/faq/image-20240329074344-12_20240329144345n.png)

When configuring the Deco in the app, please ensure that you select Wi-Fi Router mode rather than AP mode. 

You will need to create a new SSID and password during this setup.

Once the configuration is complete, please test your phone to see if the issue persists.

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
a week ago

@MarkkuPi 

Hi, May I know the model number of your DHCP router?

Did you have the same issue when S24 connects to the WiFi of the main DHCP router?

It is also suggested to disable "Fast roaming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced, and turn off "Mesh Technology" for S24:

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

Hey, 

Thanks for the quick responses.

My router is Zyxel vmg3925-b10b.

Old setup was fiber optic modem -> zyxel vmg3925 (to distribute rj45 around the house, wifi disabled) -> asus Ac1750 (in living room to distribute wifi). This worked fine with every device, but the wifi coverage was not good enough, and to solve that, I purchased the X55 units.

I now tested the setup so, that I took out the Zyxel and connected X55 to the fiber optic modem. This seems to work with my Samsung S24 for some reason. Now the problem is, that I have the main X55 in a small techinacl room, in the corner of the house. That reduces the Wifi quality, and instead of old 600mb/s in the living room, I'm getting speeds under 200mb/s, so this is not a good final solution...

I've tried disabling fast roaming and mesh technology, with no help.

Options
a week ago

I now tested with Asus ac1750.

Fiber optics modem -> Asus AC1750 (to distribute wired around the house) -> Deco X55

Again same issue. When I connect to the Deco Network I get download 590mb/s upload 0mb/s.

Then running speedtest again, it says no network.

Still Spotify working, browser working. Netflix or any videoplayer not working at all. Instagram working slowly.

So there is some data moving, but working very poorly on the Samsung S24. Every other seems to be working well.

I think this clarifies that using the router before Deco X55 is causing some how the issue, but two routers do the same, so the problem is not with the router it self.

Hopefully you can find a solution, otherwise I need to go with some other brand. 

Options
a week ago

The mystery thickens...

I went back to the solution that worked, but with slower speeds due to main X55 being in a far away corner.

I connected X55 straight to the Fiber optics modem.

Well surprise surprise, it doesn't work anymore. Acts exactly the same way as with the routers in between.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 123

Replies: 5

Related Articles