powerline adapters

powerline adapters

powerline adapters
powerline adapters
a week ago
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a TL-PA4010P kit with two adapters. One is connected to my router via an ethernet cable and shows three green LEDs . The other is in the same room and is connected to my computer also via an ethernet cable and also shows three green LEDs. Both adapters are paired with one another.  I am unable to connect to the internet via ethernet through the Networking & Internet connection portal but I can connect via WiFi. When I have this system operating both devices (adapters) appear on a tp link utility screen. When I disconnect the ethernet cable from my computer only 2 green LEDs remain lit -- the powerline Network light and the power LED. However after about 3-4 minutes the Powerline Network LED goes out and the power LED flashes slowly; only one device is now visible on a tp link utility screen. If I turn off the WiFi but leave the ethernet cable attached both devices disappear from the tp link utility screen and I am unable to connect to internet. I still cannot connect through ethernet. Can anyone point me in a correct direction -- is there smething wrong with my connections and or set up??

Options
1 Reply
Re:powerline adapters
a week ago

@Frog-1_2 

Hi,

"When I disconnect the ethernet cable from my computer only 2 green LEDs remain lit -- the powerline Network light and the power LED." -> This is how it should be.

"However after about 3-4 minutes the Powerline Network LED goes out and the power LED flashes slowly; only one device is now visible on a tp link utility screen." -> This is the Power Saving Mode. If you don't like the TL-PA4010P go into power saving mode, then switch this feature off via the "Advanced" menu (the "two gears" symbol) in the tpPLC software. (see picture below)

Regarding the actual problem of no Internet via Ethernet, can you test if your computer gets Internet via Ethernet connection if you connect the computer directly to the router via Ethernet cable? (I mean without using the TP-PA4010P Kit)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 60

Replies: 1

Related Articles