Deco M5 and Google Home / Nest Mini not connecting

a week ago
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: Latest

As per this thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/612284 I cannot get my Deco M5 mesh network to connect to my Google Home or Google Nest Minis... (I have a mixture) - I've tried everything in the aforementioned thread, but no success. Did it get sorted or do I just accept they are not compatible?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and Google Home / Nest Mini not connecting
a week ago

@IanHutch NB: Pls ignore the HW and FW versions I entered - No idea if correct, I just wanted to get them posted

Options
a week ago

@IanHutch 

Hi, I'm sure they are compatible. The original post has been a while and there are several new versions of M5 ever since. I believe the old issue is no longer existed.

Would there be any error message when the Google Home / Nest Mini  failed to connect to Deco M5?

What troubleshooting suggestions you have tried, such as the main network with 2.4GHz only, no fast roaming and beamforming?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi  @David-TP - Hi, I tried all the suggestions I could find on the web and in this forum inc no fast roaming and beamforming, connecting to Guest network on 2.4Ghz only, connecting to main network - was getting no where - and always the same message (see attachment) - Then... I was about to give up and return them (they are from a colleague so about 3 years old) when I though I'd try using my old Pixel 6 to do the connection via Google Home, instead of my current Pixel 8... which was SUCCESSFUL!

They all connected first time trying as they should - I have no idea why - Could be some random Pixel tech issue, but I suspect it's because the old Pixel 6 does not have a SIM, so no mobile networks, the only other possibility is I also turned off the security (Malicious content, Intrusion protection etc) before trying the connection, but I think I'd already done this for my final tries with my Pixel 8.

So I'd suggest a solution for anyone else is to turn off their mobile connection on their phone and try that, with an additional step if that's not working to (temporarily) turn off the security, get connected and turn security back on.

Thx for the reply anyhow - all good now

File:
Wi fi problem.pngDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 80

Replies: 3

Related Articles