Tether app displaying OneMesh as opposed to EasyMesh

Thursday - last edited Saturday
Model: TL-WPA8631P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.2 Build 20230817 Rel.58509

Hi Folks,

I have an Archer AX73 v2.0 (Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20240323 rel.70541(4555) )  connected to a TL-WPA8631P Powerline Adapter (Hardware and Firmware versions attached to thread.) in a mesh network. Everything works fine, but in my Tether app (Version 4.7.14 - latest version I believe) the menu item is displayed as OneMesh, when I think it should be displayed as EasyMesh. Before I had my Archer AX73, I had a Archer AX72 Pro connected to the same powerline adapter and I believe the app displayed EasyMesh, and this meant that from the main Network page, I could see the adapter in the same network as the router, tap on it, and see the clients that were connected to it. I could also see the adapter listed as a Satelite Device on the My Devices page. This is not the case with my AX73, the adapter only appears under the OneMesh tab, and I have to go into advanced settings to see which clients are connected to it. If possible, I would like to set the app up where I can see the adapter from the main network page - it's not a deal breaker or anything but it would be nice. I have checked the EasyMesh supported device pages and both of my devices are listed as supported. I would also like to point out that the menu items are displayed as EasyMesh on the web browser pages that manage the router and adapter via their IP addresses.

Any help to get this fixed would be greatly appreciated, if anymore details or clarification is needed, please just reach out.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tether app displaying OneMesh as opposed to EasyMesh-Solution
Friday - last edited Saturday

@JDonald125 

Hi,

Thanks for the issue and also for the suggestions you feedback.

The senior engineers have noticed the issue, and will update firmware for the router to fix it. Please kindly wait for the firmware update.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tether app displaying OneMesh as opposed to EasyMesh-Solution
Friday - last edited Saturday

@JDonald125 

Hi,

Thanks for the issue and also for the suggestions you feedback.

The senior engineers have noticed the issue, and will update firmware for the router to fix it. Please kindly wait for the firmware update.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tether app displaying OneMesh as opposed to EasyMesh
Monday

@JDonald125 

Got a similar problem when connecting my RE220 to my Archer AX21 router. Updated the firmware version with supported Easymesh function for both devices and it seems to be working but on the Tether app there is only a menu item for OneMesh. It says the RE220 is part of a OneMesh network while the web browser only has EasyMesh listed with the RE220 as a satellite device. Is the app just incorrectly displaying it as OneMesh or do I have to configure an additional setting to use the two devices as EasyMesh? 

Options
Re:Tether app displaying OneMesh as opposed to EasyMesh
11 hours ago

@Sunshine 

Ah okay, thanks for the reply and for acknowledging the issue. Good to know its an actual issue and I wasn't doing anything wrong - happy to wait for the Firmware update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 59

Replies: 3

Related Articles