Router Compatability

Router Compatability

Router Compatability
Router Compatability
a week ago

My broadband contract is coming up for renewal and I'm trying to find out if my Archer VR2100 v1.0 will support MpoA option 61.  Any help would be gratefully received

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router Compatability
Monday

@Stan-Footpad 

Hi, thanks for posting question here.

May I confirm the MpoA option 61 you mentioned means HDCP option61? Is your ISP SKY?

Even though Archer VR2100( only under DSL modem router mode) support MER, SKY has made it clear that they don’t support third-party modem, so there may be compatible problem with them. So you may confirm with your ISP first.

You may also refer to the discussion in another thread.

Options
Monday

@Marvin_S 

Thanks for your response. The short answer is I don't know. Currently with Plusnet on FTTC, but looking to switch and want to continue using my the AC2100 as it set up for my home network and I can't be sure any other providers modem can be set up in the same way.  Both SKY and NOW Sky say MPoA option 61. I have to idea what any of this means and can't find any information from TP-Link to say my router is compatible with this protocol.  The router says its running in DSL mode with Plusnet.  

If I can't be sure of the compatibility I will probably switch to Voda-phone.  

Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@Stan-Footpad 

Hi, if your ISP is Sky or Now TV, they may apply option 61 to complete internet authentication:

In Quick Setup, select SKY (MER)_VDSL from the ISP list, click Next then enter username and password.

About how to get the username and password, please refer to this link: https://www.georgebuckingham.com/sky-fibre-router-vdsl-password/ if ISP won't provide it to you.

BTW, you may refer to the discussion in another thread.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 67

Replies: 3

Related Articles