Changing 5g channels

Changing 5g channels
Changing 5g channels
Monday
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20240517 Rel 64015

Hi All

Does anyone know how to change the WIFI channels when on the 5G WIFI band. I am on channel 44 in which there are other users are utilizing this band but between 52 and 64 this is vacant. I am only able to tell through third party Apps like WIFI analyzer. It did mention to improve signal strength in other rooms is to change channels. TP link have mentioned to visit Tplinkwifi.net but i cannot access this web page, no access. Unsure if channel change can be done on the Deco App itself. TP link customer service informed me that it looks for the best channels by scanning the best channels for reception but i think that they are telling me some story. I am slightly disappointed that the TP link App has no features to measure signal loss. Apart from this i am happy with the modem performance but TP link fails to make this a totally concise user interface. Mine is the red bow Ollie which covers a wide band width   

Options
3 Reply
Re:Changing 5g channels
Monday

@gregquinn Deco Routers don't support manually changing cannels.

If you go to "Network Optimization" in the Deco app, it'll automatically change to best channel available

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Monday

@ImtiazAli thanks for reply mate, said that channel 44 is perfect but have my doubts according to the screenshot as it is a bit cluttered.

www.tplinkwifi.net has the ability to change channels from what i have read, but no access to this web site and the 2 IP addresses hve no access

thanks for reply   

Options
Tuesday

@gregquinn 

Hi, the web interface domain for Deco is http://tplinkdeco.net.

But as @ImtiazAli mentioned, Deco doesn't support manually changing wireless channels no matter through Deco APP or Web interface.

The 52-64 are DFS channels which are easily affected by the predated Wireless signals, such as military radar, satellite communication, and weather radar.

Have you experienced any issues when Deco 5GHz is working on channel 44?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 67

Replies: 3

Related Articles