I want to connect my two laptops with Router while internet is also working in both?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I want to connect my two laptops with Router while internet is also working in both?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-17 00:24:16
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3.20.17.0_TC3087

ISP : BSNL

Hey ,
Please suggest me,
I want to connect my two laptops for sharing the data wirelessly with Router while when internet is also working in both laptops wirelessly.

I know about home group, but this does not working when i my laptop is connected through wifi for internet with router.

I need to connect two laptops wirelessely with router when internet is also working.

Sometime i seem the another networks also showing in networks maps, but when i click on them, then this does not popup for any password, only error is shown like error xxx0000

Please advise or solve my issue soon..

Regards,
Nakul
Options
14 Reply
wireless data sharing issue
2013-08-18 00:23:17
Please solve my issue ...

Regards,
Nakul
Options
Re:I want to connect my two laptops with Router while internet is also working in both?
2013-08-18 08:39:15
Hi.
So both of your laptops can connect to Internet wirelessly through the modem, but can not share datas between them, right?

If yes, the modem is working fine and will not block the connection between the laptops, have you double checked the sharing settings on the laptops? In general, once laptops are connected to the modem successfully, the laptops will be able to communicate with each other.
Options
2013-08-18 23:17:35
Hello,
Thanks for ur reply.
yes i m not able to share the data from one laptop to another laptop wirelessly while connectivity is OK with router.
I already checked many times all sharing settings are enabled or firewall is disabled. but whenever i click on computer's name in network sharing then error come out like error xxxx000.

Please help me to solve this..

Regards,
Nakul
Options
Re:I want to connect my two laptops with Router while internet is also working in both?
2013-08-19 10:27:53
There are not any settings on the modem regarding to this issue.
For network sharing, the settings on the laptops are very important. After searching on Google, I find some related threads that may help you.
http://mobile.milincorporated.com/my-explorer-network-sharing-setup.html
http://www.techradar.com/news/networking/windows-file-and-network-sharing-the-complete-guide-1119901
Options
2013-08-19 16:03:02
hey,

i am facing this type of issue when click on computer name.
issue screen shot is attached .. having same problem while connectivity..

Options
same problem
2013-08-20 02:14:36
Hey Nakul,

I'm facing the same problem, did you solve it?

nakul325 wrote

hey,

i am facing this type of issue when click on computer name.
issue screen shot is attached .. having same problem while connectivity..

Options
2013-08-20 15:55:15
Hey ,

this problem is not solved yet,
earlier i was using tenda router then it was ok to share data from one laptop to another wirelessly.
but now this tp-link does not support to share data wirelessly.

All i already changed the setting for sharing the data. but do not know why this tpl-ink make an error always while click on computer name.

Please sir solve it soon,,

Regards,
Nakul
Options
2013-08-21 15:07:07
Quite weird.
If you connect the two laptops to TD-W8961ND by Ethernet cables, can they share data between each other? :confused:
Options
2013-08-21 16:19:03
Hello Stella ,

Yes, its working fine when i connected through Ethernet cable all data very easily transferred with aach-other from one laptop to another very smoothly,
then why its not working when connectivity with router wirelessly?

Please see the concern and solve it soon..

and one more thing earlier i was using tenda router then it was Ok to transfer the data from one laptop to another very easily and smoothly.
and i purchased this tp-link model one month back then why this tp-link is not supported to share data wirelessly..?

i am using windows 7 ultimate 32bit.

Regards,
Nakul
Options
2013-08-22 15:45:01
Hi.
What is the security type of the wireless network? If you are using WPA2-PSK, please change it to WPA-PSK/AES.
If still the same, you can rename the wireless network name(also called SSID) and change the security type to WEP for a try.
WEP: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=104
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2820

Replies: 14

Related Articles