Question about Easy Wireless Backhual and satellite unit
Question about Easy Wireless Backhual and satellite unit
Monday - last edited Tuesday
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I got some question about Satelline and EasyMesh

Here is my current setup

Archer AX55 (Main Satellite) ---- Wired ---- GS108 Hub --- Wired --- Archer AX55 ( 1 Satellite)

I'm plan to buy AXE75 to be my main router and use it as Main Satellite but I'm wonder will it work if i connect like this

Archer AXE75 (Main Satellite) -- Wired GS108 Hub -- Wired --- Archer AX55 (1 Satellite) --- Wired ---- Archer AX55 (2 Satellite)

I wonder is it possible to connect wired backhaul (EasyMesh) to second Archer AX55, if yes what the setup i need to do to make it work wired ? connect it to LAN port just like when first setup easy mesh wired backhaul ?

Also how many Satellite does the easy mesh support. Thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Question about Easy Wireless Backhual and satellite unit-Solution

@pockypok 

You should reset the AX55 main router to its factory defaults and just add it to the Easymesh like you did with the satellite AX55.

Both AXE75 and AX55 support wired backhaul according to the list provided by TP-Link - details.

So the topology you're after should work as expected. In general if there's a problem with a wired backhaul, Easymesh should fall back to a wireless backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Question about Easy Wireless Backhual and satellite unit-Solution

@pockypok 

You should reset the AX55 main router to its factory defaults and just add it to the Easymesh like you did with the satellite AX55.

Both AXE75 and AX55 support wired backhaul according to the list provided by TP-Link - details.

So the topology you're after should work as expected. In general if there's a problem with a wired backhaul, Easymesh should fall back to a wireless backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Question about Easy Wireless Backhual and satellite unit
Tuesday
Archer AX55 (1 Satellite) --- Wired ---- Archer AX55 (2 Satellite) This part make me worry, I don't think my wireless backhaul will work because Archer AXE75 (Main Satellite) -- Wired GS108 Hub this part the distance between wired Lan is 60~70m But Thank i think it should work, I will grab AXE75 soon let's you know if it work Thank you again
Options
Re:Question about Easy Wireless Backhual and satellite unit
Tuesday - last edited Thursday

@pockypok 

I've seen a post in the community, where has been stated that if the distance is too large for a wireless coverage, Easymesh with an ethernet backhaul would default to plain AP mode.

When you configure your setup you can confirm if that's the case.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 3

Related Articles