Deco X55 Connection Preferences and Mesh Technology

Yesterday
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.55

Hi

I have several Decos spread across my house and wanted to understand how certain features work. The network is configured in AP mode.

1. Under connection preferences

• Preferred Wi-Fi Band: I have two separate networks: the Main Network just for 5Ghz devices and an IOT network for 2.4Ghz devices. Will it have any positive impact on my network if I individually set the 2.4Ghz devices to connect to the 2.4Ghz or if I keep it Auto it will have the same impact? My rationale is that if I manually specify that these devices should only connect to the 2.4Ghz I would remove extra burden from the Deco nodes and the devices to identify what is the best network to connect to.
  • Preferred Deco: Is it better to assign a preferred deco for static devices in the network such as cameras, lights, locks,etc?

2. Mesh Technology: I have several static devices such as Wyze Cameras, Smart Lights, Locks, etc connected to the IOT network.

• What is the effect of toggling off the Mesh Technology option?
  • Will this impact my other devices that are non-static?
  • The reason I'm toggling off the Mesh Technology option individually is because I have a Kwikset Lock that is draining the batteries incredibly fast and I read in a forum that if the lock is connected to a Mesh network, batteries could drain quickly.

Thanks,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 32

Replies: 0

Related Articles