Bridge 3G/4G USB port to LAN port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-23 05:08:45
Region : Canada

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello. I have a 3G USB modem and I would like to connect it to a TP-LINK dual wan router. I bought an MR3020 3G router to try to accomplish this.
I am able to have the 3G router make the 3G connection then use DHCP to the dual wan router but this is not what I want.
Is it possible to bridge/bypass the 3G router and have the LAN port give the external IP of the 3G USB modem to the dual wan router?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Bridge 3G/4G USB port to LAN port
2013-08-26 15:20:26
How about this:
Switch the hardware mode switch to 3G, connect the 3G USB modem to the router and connect MR3020 from its ethernet port to the dual-WAN router's WAN port.
Options
Re:Bridge 3G/4G USB port to LAN port
2013-08-29 05:24:11
This is the first thing I tried which does give me outgoing access but then I have 2 DHCP servers and no ability to route incoming traffic through both routers. I tried DMZ and forwarding all ports to the internal IP given to the second router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1279

Replies: 2