3G/4G USB Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3G/4G USB Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
3G/4G USB Modem
3G/4G USB Modem
2022-03-20 12:09:36
Model: Archer VR2800v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.7.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 210313 Rel.74106n

Hi,

I'm using Tp-Link Archer VR2800 modem. this modem has 3G/4G optional connection.

I'm not able to make it work.
I'm using ZTE mf833v LTE USB modem 
I tested the USB modem & it working - so the modem fine

I try to change the VR2800 'operation mode' to '3G/4G Router mode'  - but I didn't get any internet connection
I also try to manually insert the cellular network 'APN' number - still didn't work  (when I use the USB modem on my laptop I didn't need to change any default value)
I try both of the VR2800 USB ports - didn't work on both of them

When I insert the USB modem, I can see the status 'Detecting...' under USB sharing > 3G/4G setting > 3G/4G USB modem.     *after a while the status change to 'unknown'  

When searching the web for 'download ZTE MF833.bin file' to upload to tp-link modem. 

Does someone know how to make the 3G/4G connection on tp-link router to work?

TNX
AJ

Options
1 Reply
Re:3G/4G USB Modem
2022-03-20 23:02:27
... if you are in Germany you are lucky because there is a new version of the German software, try it maybe the drivers function to make your modem work have already been inserted! If, on the other hand, you are in another country that uses Annex A such as Italy or other, unfortunately they still do not come up with the new version, even if the German one works the same on VDSL, but with all the problems that the rest of the system drags behind (Telephony VOIP etc. etc.)
Options