No internet service after quick setup

2022-03-16 09:43:45 - last edited 2022-10-27 12:23:46

Hi All,

Occasional there is some feedback that there is no internet service after quick set-up. Since most of our DSL modem routers, such as VR400/VR600/VR2100, etc. support multiple working modes, we will discuss DSL modem router mode and wireless router mode separately.

Case One: on DSL modem router mode. Here we take Archer VR2100 for example.

Step 1:Check whether the hardware connection is correct.

• The DSL/phone cable needs to be plugged into the DSL socket on the modem.

• Then please make sure the DSL light on the modem is solid on.

Note: Most of our DSL modem routers are compatible with ADSL/DSL and the detailed DSL compatible type could be found here.

Step 2:check whether there is a valid internet IP address under Advanced>Status

• If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, it is very likely the internet connection configuration credentials are incorrect, such as PPPoE username and password. Please check with the internet service provider first.

• While if the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, please go to Advanced>Network>internet>internet connections>Modify and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

Step3: Contact us with the following information:

• Who is your internet service provider?
  • Please save some screenshots of the Advanced>Status page, and Advanced>network>internet>internet connections.
  • Please send us a copy of the system logs under Advanced>system tools.

Case Two: on wireless router mode.

Step 1: Check whether hardware connection is correct.

When there is a DSL modem or NBN box at home already from ISP and the internet output from the modem is an Ethernet port, wireless router mode would be the working mode for your situation. Then you need to connect the WAN/LAN port on the TP-Link router to the DSL modem via Ethernet cable.

Step 2: Check whether you have selected the correct operation mode-wireless router mode under Advanced>operation mode.

Step 3: Check whether there is a valid internet IP address under Advanced>Status

• if the IP address is 0.0.0.0, please check with the internet service provider about the internet configuration credentials.
  • While if the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, please go to Advanced>Network>internet and change the DNS to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4

Step 4:  please connect the computer to the DSL modem/NBN box directly via Ethernet cable and set up the same broadband connection on the PC and check whether the PC is able to get internet service.

• if the internet connection provided is dynamic IP, the PC will get internet automatically.
  • if the connection type is PPPoE, please refer to this link to set up a broadband connection on PC to check whether you have got the correct username and password.

Step 5: Contact us with the following information:

• Who is your internet service provider?
  • Please save some screenshots of the Advanced>Status page, and Advanced>network>internet>internet connections.
  • Please send us a copy of the system logs under Advanced>system tools.

Options
8 Reply
Re:No internet service after quick setup
2022-08-24 08:42:13
Options
2022-10-13 09:46:39 - last edited 2022-10-13 09:50:07

Thanks for the information . I had no internet on Ethernet only - wi-fi was fine. I cleared out the browser history to no avail - and eventually used a different laptop over the wi-fi to set up the configurations. However, although my main PC worked ok over a wi-fi connection afterwards, the ethernet connection refused to play. I tried lots of different /ipconfig flushing stuff commands to try and coax it back into life. Also checked ip default gateways without success. Eventually I went for the nuclear option and deleted the ethernet controller (but not the driver) inside Network adapters in Device Manager then restarted the system. Bingo - it just worked!

Options
2022-10-14 01:06:56

@kavasaki 

Options
G.Lite option is not available. Please solve my problem. I need this option
2023-09-22 16:14:43
Options
2023-09-28 22:41:41
Options
2024-02-29 16:44:19

Thanks for addressing this issue! Splitting the discussion between DSL modem router mode and wireless router mode is helpful. Looking forward to vauxhall corsa finding solutions for a seamless internet setup.

Options
2024-03-02 23:48:37

@David-TP 

Just bought a VX1800v

Cannot get it to connect to Sky broadband (UK) I cureently have a VR2100 which is working ok, but I cannot get the VX1800 to work.

I have tried the quick setup with the Tether app, SKY(MER)_VDSL - No connection.

Tried to do it with a laptop connected via ethernet, but in the ISP list I only have the option of Plusnet_VDSL or Other?

Options
pgkqw7@gmail.com
2024-03-07 10:44:21
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7755

Replies: 8

Related Articles