VoIP will not connect on TP-Link modem router? Check this.

2021-02-26 09:02:42 - last edited 2023-10-12 10:35:59
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Some customers may encounter an issue when setting up the VoIP service on the TP-Link VoIP modem routers. Refer to this article to troubleshoot first on your own before reaching out to a tech support representative.

Step 1

Ensure the internet is working properly on the TP-Link VoIP modem router. Otherwise, you won’t get the VoIP service on.

Step 2

If you have no idea how to set up the VoIP on the TP-Link device, check this guide:

How to setup my VoIP function on VoIP Modem Router?

Note: There will be a checkmark like below on your TP-Link modem status page if the VoIP service is ready, while it will gray out if it fails. It is suggested to enter the phone number/password manually but not copy/paste, pay attention to any space and confirm with the VoIP provider that if you need to remove or keep the area code number.

If you, unfortunately, failed to set up the VoIP on the TP-Link device, review and verify the basic parameters with your VoIP provider, just in case there is something wrong.

Case Sharing from Australian Users

Here comes some cases from some Australian customers who set up their VoIP services successfully on the TP-Link device, we will show you how they make it work, review yours if you are from one of these ISPs.

Case 1 VoIP service from DoDo

Note:

1. Contact DoDo first, ensure they allow setting up the VoIP service on a third-party modem router.

2. Select Other as the Telephony Provider on the VoIP configuration.

3. Click on the Advanced tab, and review the SIP Proxy and outbound server settings.

4. After saving the settings, wait for 2-3 minutes, then tap the Modify button to save the settings again. You may try multiple times to save the settings if it still fails.

Case 2 VoIP service from Engin

Note:

1. Customers will need to activate their VoIP registration from Engin's website first: https://my.engin.com.au/.

3. Click on the Advanced tab, and review the SIP Proxy and outbound server settings.

Case 3 VoIP service from iiNet

Note:

1. Select Other or iiNet as the Telephony Provider on the VoIP configuration.

2. Click on the Advanced tab, and review the SIP Proxy and outbound server settings.

Case 4 VoIP service from Mate Communicate

Note: Select Other as the Telephony Provider on the VoIP configuration.

Case 5 VoIP service from TPG

Note:

1. TPG VoIP may not support third-party devices as per their statement on the community, while you are not the case if you got the TP-Link modem from TPG directly:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Home-Phone-Voice/Setting-up-Tp-Link-Archer-VR600v-modem-for-TPG-voip-telephone/td-p/30493

Case 5 VoIP service from Westnet

Note: You may need to change the "act" in the Registrar Address/SIP Proxy to the corresponding state, like sip.wa.westnet.com.au.

Case 6 VoIP service from Spintel

Note: Customers can set up the VoIP service as per the guide from Spintel official website:

https://articles.spintel.net.au/en/articles/4129188-settings 

We encourage users from other regions/countries to share their VoIP settings on the TP-Link VoIP modem routers and discuss with others if you are experiencing an issue.

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Options
14 Reply
Re:VoIP will not connect on TP-Link modem router? Check this.
2021-03-24 11:20:00
Options
2021-10-10 21:26:35

@Kevin_Z The UK Needs These VOIP Based Products however theres none available which is a loss of money to the company in my eyes especially with everything going with FULL FIBRE GPON/EPON by 2025 and no more DSL/Copper networks.

Options
2021-10-10 22:51:00

@Kevin_Z  you almost helped all people so why you ignore my problem and my messages please fix the issue with parental control on vr600 v3. I am complaining of this issue for more than one year and no one help me although you helped people with auto reboot issue on the same router. Why I am not getting a good support

Options
2021-10-11 02:33:55

@PhantomR1982 

Hi, thanks for the update and private message.

I have forwarded the request to the senior engineers since the first post but I could not give you any permission whether or when there would be a new model compatible with VOIP in the UK.

As for the suggestions to adjust your previous post to be more obvious for other users, especially in the UK, till now, I have not seen many followers.

So personally speaking, there might not be so much feedback from the community and I did not much proof to support my request when arguing with the engineers when they could give us a VOIP model.

I do appreciate your concern about this issue at the very beginning but it just needs time and patience to get more attention.

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-12-19 06:47:44 - last edited 2022-12-19 06:49:17

@Kevin_Z 

I'm in India using BSNL FTTH on GPON. The call drops and I get this saying Sip stack exited abnormally each and every time.

I verified the sip and it's correct, it works on other devices I also tried enabling and disabling SIP ALG. 

I also have a second connection from the same provider and different router and everything works fine on there. 

This is for XC-220 but your forum has no option for that. This is not the kind of support I expect from TP-Link

Options
2023-03-14 20:28:43

NikhilS wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I'm in India using BSNL FTTH on GPON. The call drops and I get this saying Sip stack exited abnormally each and every time.

I verified the sip and it's correct, it works on other devices I also tried enabling and disabling SIP ALG. 

I also have a second connection from the same provider and different router and everything works fine on there. 

This is for XC-220 but your forum has no option for that. This is not the kind of support I expect from TP-Link

@NikhilS 

Options
2023-04-18 10:52:31

@Kevin_Z thanks

[url="tel:18888451035"]8888451035[/url]
Options
2023-05-03 11:53:24

@Kevin_Z 

Options
2023-05-24 22:01:54

@PhantomR1982 unable to connect to my Tplink wifi router

Options
2023-05-24 22:03:42
Unable to have internet from my router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 11521

Replies: 14