Problem with 3G USB connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-27 02:36:21
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.1 v0005.0 Build 120926 Rel.27100n

ISP : Airtel

Hi

I purchased TD-W8968 recently and facing a problem in getting an internet connection using 3G USB dongle.

My problem is, when i switched on TD-W8968 modem using USB dongle inserted into it, it will work for few minutes (say 2-3 mins) after that connection goes off. In the windows taskbar the internet icon is showing as yellow exclamation mark with "No internet access". when i looked into the setup of tp-link it was showing 3G is connected properly and the LED light is also glowing in the modem.

In order to get back the connection you have restart the modem again. Restarting the modem every 2-3 minutes is pathetic.

Please suggest me where i am wrong....

I am using D-Link DWM-156 USB dongle with Airtel 3G connection. I am accessing internet using my laptop, iPad & mobile all three at a time wirelessly.

Your early response will be highly obliged.

Thanks & Regards
Pravin Gupta

Options
6 Reply
Re:Problem with 3G USB connection
2013-08-27 10:50:46
sorry Hardware version is 1.1
Options
2013-08-27 16:01:12
Hi.
You can download the latest firmware 130217 from TP-LINK website and then upgrade the modem first.
BTW, how about the Internet connection when you plug the modem directly into the computer?
Options
3G Connection problem with TD-W8968
2013-08-27 18:03:29

alisa wrote

Hi.
You can download the latest firmware 130217 from TP-LINK website and then upgrade the modem first.
BTW, how about the Internet connection when you plug the modem directly into the computer?

I am connecting my internet through 3G USB dongle only - no landline connection. If i connect my D-Link 3G USB modem directly into my laptop it is working flawlessly without any issue. But when in connect my 3G USB mode in TD-W8968 modem it will work for 2-3 minutes and then the connection goes off.

That means TD-W8968 modem is detecting D-Link 3G USB modem and is compatible also but why it runs for only 2-3 mins and then getting disconnected??

As i have already attached all the screen shots it clearly shows that all the connection & status are proper.

So please suggest whether its a fault with TD-W8968 modem or its my setting problem or anything else.

Thanks in advance

Pravin Gupta
Options
2013-08-28 09:54:12
Actually, the pictures that you have uploaded are too vague to read.
Not sure if there exists compatibility issue between TD-W8968 and your 3G USB dongle. And it is highly recommended to upgrade the firmware first since the latest firmware will improve the 3G compatibility of TD-W8968.
Options
2013-08-28 18:34:39

alisa wrote

Actually, the pictures that you have uploaded are too vague to read.
Not sure if there exists compatibility issue between TD-W8968 and your 3G USB dongle. And it is highly recommended to upgrade the firmware first since the latest firmware will improve the 3G compatibility of TD-W8968.

I did updated the latest firmware, but the problem remains the same.

Options
Same problem
2015-03-18 18:02:12
Hi Impravin,

I know that it's been a long time that you had this problem with your TD-W8968 and your 3G USB dongle but I'm facing right know the same problem.

Please tell if you solved your problem, and if it is, please let me know how.

Thank you.

Regards,

Alexis LB
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 725

Replies: 6

Related Articles