slave router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

slave router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
slave router
slave router
2013-08-28 05:24:21
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : v2.2

ISP : TalkTalk

The trouble I`m having is that I live in a large house and half of its is made up of large thick Welsh brick and is very thick so normal wifi is a bit slow in my living room. I have my router a 54M Wireless ADSL2+ Router a TP-Link TD-W8901G in my office room my laptop and other PC is connected via Ethernet cables to it. I also have devolo Homeplug dLAN adapters (85 Mbps) I have 3 of these connected up to games machines and other devices around my house. The trouble is the wife has a new phone and the kids have these 7" tablets they want wifi use on there devices also it easier to take my laptop in the front room and use wifi than hook up to a Homeplug in the living room via a Ethernet cable.

So I was thinking of getting a TP-LINK TL-WA750RE 150Mbps Universal WiFi Range Extender this should do the trick. But I was thinking as I have my talktalk supplied D-Link DSL-2680 wireless router could I use this a wifi extender in my front room. Could it pick up the signal from my main router the TP-Link TD-W8901G say through one of my Homeplugs that I have and bounce of the wifi from this D-Link in the living room. If so what setting will I have to do on it.

If its too complicated should I just stick to buying a TP-LINK TL-WA750RE 150Mbps WiFi Range Extender.
Options
2 Reply
Re:slave router
2013-08-28 17:37:33
Hi.
In theory, D-Link DSL-2680 can pick up the signal from the main router TD-W8901G via wire to one of your Homeplugs. And D-Link DSL-2680 needs to be configured as a wireless access point only.
You can do it by disabling DHCP function and changing the default LAN IP of D-Link DSL-2680(192.168.1.1) so that there will not be IP conflicts between TD-wW8901G and the D-Link router.
Then you can plug an Ethernet cable into one of the Homeplugs and the LAN port of the D-Link router.

Here is a link about the user guide of D-Link DSL-2680.
http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DSL/DSL%202680/Manual/DSL_2680_A1_Manual_EU_UK.pdf
Options
Re:slave router
2013-08-28 17:54:21

alisa wrote

Hi.
In theory, D-Link DSL-2680 can pick up the signal from the main router TD-W8901G via wire to one of your Homeplugs. And D-Link DSL-2680 needs to be configured as a wireless access point only.
You can do it by disabling DHCP function and changing the default LAN IP of D-Link DSL-2680(192.168.1.1) so that there will not be IP conflicts between TD-wW8901G and the D-Link router.
Then you can plug an Ethernet cable into one of the Homeplugs and the LAN port of the D-Link router.

Here is a link about the user guide of D-Link DSL-2680.
http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DSL/DSL%202680/Manual/DSL_2680_A1_Manual_EU_UK.pdf

Thanks for the info I dont suppose you know what settings I need to do/change on my main router the TP-Link TD-W8901G
Options