TL-WPA4220KIT and wifi extension problems: wrong ip-range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA4220KIT and wifi extension problems: wrong ip-range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
96 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220KIT and wifi extension problems: wrong ip-range
2015-03-16 00:07:48
Having the exact same problem here. My two TL-WPA4220 do not appear to be relaying DHCP requests back to my main DHCP server so wifi clients are getting disconnected when their leases expire.

@TP-LINK: Any solutions for this yet as it's clearly happening to a LOT of users and it makes your product nearly unusable.
Options
2015-03-17 17:18:37
Contact TP-LINK support team here and report the problem. Maybe they know the problem but cannot reproduce it. If more and more users report it, they may pay more attention to it. How do you think? One more tip: describe your network environment and what you've done in details. Good luck.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
solution found for similar problem
2015-03-31 08:06:09
I had a kit WPA4220 which worked fine for months and then stopped working. I could still see the wireless network but failed to connect from iphone/PC....The ip address of the receiver kept showing as the auto IP 169.254...
I then tried to pair the 2 devices ==> I got prompted with a password when trying to join my iphone to the wireless but no luck...
I then connected via ethernet to my PC the receiver and started the powerline utility / I went to the CPL sections / Adapters and no adapter was listed here even though the adapter was plugged to the router. I then added manually the adapter in the utility (specified the password mentioned on the adapter box) and validated. It could then recognize the adapter and get its MAC address).
I then unplugged the receiver and moved it to the room where I need it ==> I COULD CONNECT MY IPHONE TO THE WIFI, THIS WORKED !!!!!!!!
Options
2015-04-07 22:20:59
Let us know how long it lasts. It looks like it wont.
Options
2015-04-18 22:03:42
I just posted a ticket to TP-Link, since I'm having the exact same problem as described in this thread.
Options
2015-05-13 01:13:07

krachtwerk wrote

I just posted a ticket to TP-Link, since I'm having the exact same problem as described in this thread.

Was your ticket solved by TP-Link?

I have the same issues as mentioned by others. Getting a 169 address.
Tested in two different locations on two different routers.
Setting an IP reservation on both also did not solve the problem nor did updating the firmware on the powerlines.
This issue occurred after I factory reset the Powerline.
Options
2015-05-18 20:09:17

username99 wrote

Was your ticket solved by TP-Link?

No, I got an 'auto' reply which was telling me to go through all the regular motions, like resetting etc. I didn't feel like doing all that yet again, secretly hoping that a solution would pop up in this thread.
Options
Same issue here... DHCP stops after 12-24 hours
2015-05-28 22:47:46
Just installed a new 4220 kit at the mother-in-law's. Manually set IP of devices to 192.168.1.1 (master) and 192.168.1.2 (extender). Also, manually set the wireless the same as her U-verse router, so she can roam freely across the house.17 hours later, the wireless extender was no longer giving out DHCP addresses. I rebooted the device via the Web page and it started working again.I hope we get a solution from TP-Link on this, or at least they start working with us to isolate the issue. We have several technical people here who could give assistance.
Options
2015-05-29 10:14:08
Read this.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?76213-WPA4220-seems-to-block-dhcp-trafic&p=159449&viewfull=1#post159449

By the way, did you submit a ticket to report the problem? Not sure if there is any progress on TP-LINK support team side.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2015-06-02 19:19:41
I had the same issue and so far it seem resolved. I set in my dhcp sever a fixed address for the wifi extender. I rebooted many times but the problem remained. The extende got and set the desired ip address after unplugging the device that connects to the isp modem (don't remember the model)

So a reserved ip address set by the dhcp to the extender and then reboot all devices
Options
Related Articles