Power issue on one of my PA551 kit adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-04-22 17:45:32
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA551KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hey there

I've just started having a power issue with one of my PA551 adapters, the one connected to my computer. It seems that the unit isn't getting any power (no lights on) so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. I re-paired the unit with the one near my router and all seemed well (all lights on and working). Later that same day I went back to my adapter and noticed all 3 lights off but then the power light was flashing slowly, may be flashing every couple of seconds and no other lights on. Only way to get the adapter to work was to unplug, plug back in to the power outlet and then it would start working again.

Any ideas?

Unit is a v1 and bought July 2013 from Amazon UK. I have the latter firmware for the TP-Link site

Cheers
Ben
Options
3 Reply
Re:Power issue on one of my PA551 kit adapters
2014-05-04 10:39:20
This is not a problem.

The power light is flashing very slowly means your PA551 has been into power save mode.
As long as there is no data transfer between your PA551 for some time, your PA551 will go into power save mode.

At this time, you just try to go to Internet on your computer, then your PA551 will wake up.
If it doesn't work, you can download the SwitchPowerSaveTool to turn off your PA551's power save mode permanently.
Here is the download link of this tool:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-PA511&version=V1#tbl_b
Options
2021-02-04 10:29:42
Hi I have the same problem of powersave mode but I can't find any beta firmware on support site that disable the powersave mode
Options
2021-02-10 07:42:32

@Giuseppi 

Have you seen this link to turn off the power saving mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2018/

Thanks and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 3