Help for users with non supported USB dongle! Read this!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-10-01 18:06:03
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Guys

This bit of advice would have saved me loads of time, don't waste your time trying to find the "right" USB dongle to work with the TL-MR3420 just get the 3G or 4G MiFi device from your ISP i.e. small wireless router instead of usb dongle and connect it up to usb port, then off wireless on MiFi device and it works via DHCP no need for any settings as the USB port just pulls an DHCP address and is not dependent on connection settings or compatibility issues, this si the MiFi device i have set to to work with my TL-MR3420 and it hasn't drop a connection in over 3 months

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/mobile-broadband/vodafone-mobile-wifi-r215-black

So just to recap, connect MiFi device (Size of mobile phone) to TL-MR3420 via usb cable (this also charges the MiFi device so it never dies), turn off/disbale WiFi on MiFi device and use WiFi on TL-MR3420 to save confusion with multiple SSIDs being broadcast, the MiFi device just passes an IP address via DHCP to USB port on TL-MR3420 so there is never any compatibility issues as connection to 3G/4G is taken care of on the MiFi device not the TP link router so its very reliable.

Hope this helps anyone pulling their hair out with compatibility issues :)

Spud
Options
2 Reply
Re:Help for users with non supported USB dongle! Read this!
2021-12-06 04:32:27

@spudneyblue 

Hi dude.

I'm having that kind of trouble, specifically... I'm trying to connect the MiFi Huawei E5576 in TL-MR3420 following your steps, but doesn't work, so could you explain me better how to connect the device? 

Kind Regards.

Options
Re:Help for users with non supported USB dongle! Read this!
2021-12-08 07:57:56

@Airom1s 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I think the original post is a little old, and if you are not on the latest firmware, maybe you could try to update the following firmware since it has fixed some USB modem compatibility issues:

TL-MR3420(EU)_V5_210319

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 962

Replies: 2