Cannot login with support account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-22 12:43:18
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version : 1.1.1 Build 140815 Rel.40202

ISP : TPG

Hi TPlink
I just bought this W8960N and want to enable remote access. It recommends to change admin and support account password. I was able to do that with admin account but cannot change for support. it says password update failed.
I'm also not able to login with support/support.
Please have a check?

Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 140815 Rel.40202
Hardware Version: TD-W8960N V5 0x00000001
Options
10 Reply
Re:Cannot login with support account
2014-11-24 15:46:16
You configured it by yourself or anyone else?
Since you cannot login with support/support, you'd better restore your device to facotry defaults and reconfigure it. Later, try support again. If it works, try to change support account.
Options
2014-11-30 21:24:16
I have the same problem, I have already restored the factory default 2 times but still the password for user Support is not support. I'm pretty sure that the firmware has been burnt with a personalized one...
Options
2014-12-01 15:30:07
Did you log out first? It is support for both instead of Support...
Options
2014-12-01 21:36:14
I'm new on this forum, but I'm not new on computers... :)

* It's impossible to change the password (logged in as "admin") as I've successfully done for the account "user". I get an error

* it's impossible to login with support/ support

Options
2014-12-04 17:49:19
Did you contact TP-LINK technical support directly? It seems that it is working fine in my side.
Options
2014-12-04 17:59:37

Vivian wrote

Did you contact TP-LINK technical support directly? It seems that it is working fine in my side.

I have contacted the global support http://ticket.tp-link.com/ and the final answer was:
Our engineer has tested this issue and proved that the default password is support.
The account support is only used for remote access, and it's safe if you don't enable remote access.
We will publish a new firmware for TD-W8950N V5 soon. Maybe it will help you to solve the problem.
Thanks for your understanding.
If you need any further help, please feel free to let me know.

Trust me: I have restored TWO times the factory default, both I was able to set pwds for admin and user but never for support.
Options
2014-12-05 11:31:22
According to TP-LINK people's answer, can you use support/support to access it remotely?
Maybe you wait for the new firmware to release and see how it goes.
Options
2014-12-06 00:02:41

Ada wrote

According to TP-LINK people's answer, can you use support/support to access it remotely?

No, I did that test but the user/pwd are not accepted byt the router... :(
Options
Cannot Log in
2014-12-06 07:45:33
I have the same problem. I updated to a newer firmware as I was having a couple of issues. Cannot login with admin/password or support/support. TD-W8960N. I am amazed that this is not an easy fix!

The tech support I spoke to took me around a thousand houses reset/turn off/re install etc etc about an hours worth and still nothing. Yet this is here. Seems tech support do not have their Q & A up to date.

V4 - latest firmware release can't confirm as I can't get in......
Options
2014-12-08 14:32:54
Default setting is admin/admin instead of admin/password.
You modified the login account?
If you reset it to facotry default settings, you should be able to login with admin/admin.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 821

Replies: 10

Related Articles