Talk Talk connection keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-31 03:07:59
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just recently started using the W8968 as my ADSL modem router with my Talk Talk service.

Previously I've been using the TalkTalk supplied modem which maintained a stable DSL but unfortunately doesn't support SIP calls unlike the W8968

Using the W8968 I've found that it establishes DSL sync quickly but then over a period of 30 minutes the SNR ratio drops from 6db to zero and the connection is then lost.

I've set up the W8968 using the quick setup which has an entry for Talk Talk, no other settings have been changed.

Does anyone have any experience with this router and Talk Talk or any suggestions on how to get it to maintain the connection?

Thanks in advance
Options
2 Reply
Re:Talk Talk connection keeps dropping
2015-02-02 16:52:51
What's the firmware version? Is it the latest one?
Did you ask ISP to check your line quality?
When the connection is lost, how about ADSL light?
Try DSL mode ADSL2 or G.dmt.
Options
Re:Talk Talk connection keeps dropping
2015-02-03 07:20:04
Hi Vivian, see answers below

Vivian wrote

What's the firmware version?
>0.6.0 1.3 v0005.0 Build 131226 Rel.33881n

Is it the latest one?
>yes - I just downloaded the latest version

Did you ask ISP to check your line quality?
>No - because the DSL connection with the TalkTalk supplied modem is very stable

When the connection is lost, how about ADSL light?
>I'm not 100% sure but when the connection is finally lost the status page starts from the beginning so I assume the ADSL light has gone out. Sometimes the DSL connection is still up but browsing is impossible (I presume because of the very low SNR)

Try DSL mode ADSL2 or G.dmt.

>I tried G.dmt before I upgraded and it didn't make any difference, I haven't tried that since I upgraded to the latest firmware
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 777

Replies: 2

Related Articles