W9980 connection issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

W9980 connection issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
W9980 connection issue
W9980 connection issue
2015-02-01 01:38:12
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good evening all!

Very stuck with a problem and would really appreciate if someone could help me.

I bought a W9980 VDSL/ADSL modem/router to replace my Vodafone one. I plugged it in all correctly however the DSL light won't stay on and in the modem page it keeps saying disconnected. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

I don't know if this would matter but the adaptor setup I have for my old modem/router is this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1975[/ATTACH]

However the one that came with the new modem router is this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1976[/ATTACH]

My lines going into the phones and also into the wall are the size of the small DSL connect, not the long wide one as pictured in my 2nd picture. Could this be the problem? If so how does one solve it?

Or is it a setting in my router/modem that's the problem?

As mentioned I'd really appreciate any help!

Best regards

Rob
Options
2 Reply
Re:W9980 connection issue
2015-02-02 16:40:38
Cannot open attachments you provided.
It is a synchronization issue and you can try to change DSL mode on web interface of W9980. Try ADSL2 or G.DMT. Wait about 2 minutes. If it is the same, you should get it replaced under warranty.
Options
Re:W9980 connection issue
2015-02-02 19:07:39
Hi Rob,

I have this router too and managed to get it working after some fiddling. Unfortunately, I can't open the attachments either to see your configuration.

Who is your ISP?

Are you connecting with ADSL or VDSL?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 2

Related Articles