Capacity restriction on HDD attached via USB?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-06 00:41:06
Region : Germany

Model : TD-W8970B

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 2.10 v000d.0 Build 141008 Rel.55826n

ISP :

Hi there,
I have a TD-W8970B modem/router that I am using as a wireless access point. Everything seems to work just fine, except for the fact that I cannot connect to a 3TB Western Digital external hard drive properly. Although the drive ID shows up under the list of mass storage devices, the information about the partition, capacity etc. is missing - the row under 'partition, file system, capacity' etc. simply doesn't exist. The HDD is formatted using NTFS and there are no problems accessing it directly from my laptop or via a Synology NAS. When I tried a different HDD (400 GB Trekstor, also NTFS), it showed up immediately with the partition, capacity etc. row being filled in the overview.

Before I resort to formatting the 3TB hard drive in an attempt to get it to work, does anyone know whether there are any restrictions on the size of HDD that you can connect? I figured this was one of the biggest differences between the two HDDs that I am trying: 500GB vs. 3TB.

Many thanks in advance!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Capacity restriction on HDD attached via USB?
2015-02-06 14:56:28
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 1