W-8968 v2 wifi freezes (when using torrents)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-06 15:56:47
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have been using the TP-LINK W 8968 for more than a year now...and off late it has been freezing too often when i use torrents...I'm assuming it crashes as the load exceeds what it can handle..(i use it in adsl modem router mode)

This is what happens when it freezes:

1. All 3 lights are on (dsl internet and wifi )..i cannot toggle wifi through the hardware buttong provided
2. I cannot access 192.168.1.1 by either wifi or lan cable..
3. ONLY a restart of the router solves the problem...but as soon as 15-20 minutes of torrents are done...the freeze happens again..

I've played around with the settings to get to a solution but nothing seems to be working . Here are a few things I've done and un-done ...tried combinations of all these tweaks also ..nothing works:

1. Disabled IGMP Proxy , fullcone Nat, SRA, bitswap and all the USB settings
2. Added a bridged network alongside the PPOE wan interface( with the same VPI VCI), used this with and without interface grouping ( with interface grouping for example if my subnet is 192.168.1. , and if i group the wifi... that is r0.. to the bridged wan, a new DHCP server is assigned with a subnet 192.168.2... and all my devices using dynamic ip config are connected with IPs in this subnet... 192.168.2...also the default route becomes 192.168.2.1 )
3. Changed all sorts of wifi parameters like channel,800b,g,n combinations, power (50 and 20%) and everything in the wireless settings section..but nothing solves my issue .
4. Changed security type (WPA1 2 etc)
5. Restored Factory Defaults

BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO FIX THE PROBLEM :X

Please note that the freezing does not happen when I DO NOT use torrents

(i checked in statistics and the number of UDP tx's are 300+ for my computer thats downloading torrents..could this be overloading my router ? ..could MTU settings help ? and is there a wifi cache in this router that could be causing this )

Also Im sure its a router load problem coz when it freezes i cannot access the router 192.168.1.1 via wifi and LAN....older router works perfectly fine with the same load..

Is there anyone out there who solved this problem for their router..or anyone with suggestions etc. ..qould be really grateful for any help..Please do read my problem carefully and also the steps I took and suggest accordingly...thanks in advance
Options
1 Reply
Re:W-8968 v2 wifi freezes (when using torrents)
2015-02-09 17:06:26
Try to disable UPNP or configure Bandwidth Control.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 1

Related Articles