Archer D9 wired connection failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-11 04:14:32
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : V1

ISP : BT

I have an Archer D9. I do not use it as a modem but have a BT Open Reach modem wired to it - using the designated WAN port. The wireless aspect of the D9 works fine. I have a couple of devices plugged into the LAN ports including my iMac. I am finding that whilst the iMac can access the Internet through the D9 using wireless it cannot when hard wired. If I replace the router and use a different there is no problem so the issue I assume is specific to the D9. There must be a setting to allow the D9 to communicate properly with a PC using the Ethernet port instead of wireless but I do not know what it is nor can I find reference to it or this issue. Can anyone put me right and let me know what settings I need to enable. When setting it up there is a setting to select to use the router as a wireless one and I find this has to be selected otherwise it won't work. Other devices plugged into the LAN ports work fine but not a computer. I can access the other devices ok from my computer, it is only the Internet that I can't.

Thanks.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer D9 wired connection failure
2015-02-11 15:23:40
The modem is connected to LAN4/WAN port and iMAC is connected to one of LAN ports, right?
Normally, if you configure it as a wireless router and there is WAN IP address, it is done.
What's the firmware version of D9? Is it the latest version?
Reset the device to factory defaults and reconfigure it.
Options
2015-02-12 06:47:18
Thanks. I have done a factory reset and reconfigured but whilst the iMac sees other things plugged into the LAN sockets on the D9 the one thing it cannot do when hard wired is access the Internet. The version is v1.0.
Options
2015-02-13 14:11:07
You can login web interface of D9 when iMAC is connected to its LAN port, right?
Any WAN IP address is obtained?
iMAC is the only PC that you cannot access internet? Check IP settings and ensure it is using DHCP.
By the way, you should look for firmware in the way as below.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=315
Options
2015-04-26 21:27:37

G4RHL wrote

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : V1

ISP : BT

I have an Archer D9. I do not use it as a modem but have a BT Open Reach modem wired to it - using the designated WAN port. The wireless aspect of the D9 works fine. I have a couple of devices plugged into the LAN ports including my iMac. I am finding that whilst the iMac can access the Internet through the D9 using wireless it cannot when hard wired. If I replace the router and use a different there is no problem so the issue I assume is specific to the D9. There must be a setting to allow the D9 to communicate properly with a PC using the Ethernet port instead of wireless but I do not know what it is nor can I find reference to it or this issue. Can anyone put me right and let me know what settings I need to enable. When setting it up there is a setting to select to use the router as a wireless one and I find this has to be selected otherwise it won't work. Other devices plugged into the LAN ports work fine but not a computer. I can access the other devices ok from my computer, it is only the Internet that I can't.

Thanks.

Did you manage to resolve this ? I have exactly the same problem - WiFi works fine, but cannot connect to the internet via a wired connection. I have tried a W8.1 and W7 laptop, different ethernet cables, different ports on the router but nothing changes. I have spoken with TP Link who said the router is faulty so a returning it to Amazon with a replacement coming, but I am worried the same thing will happen again.
Options
2015-04-27 14:02:29
No worries.If the same thing happens, TP-LINK support team should further look into it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 568

Replies: 5