Unable to access network – invalid password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-13 01:20:39
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA2220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BTInternet

Status shows one device with 12 digit password in fours separated with – appearing automatically. Network similarly shows its own password taken from the back of the device and entered by me manually.
I am unable to connect to the TP-LINK-C10FDE network which now appears on my iPad. I have entered the remote device password every which way “invalid password”. I have also unsuccessfully tried the router password.
Is TP-LINK-C10FDE the right device? Where am I going wrong?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to access network – invalid password
2015-02-13 14:25:20
Password and Wireless Password are different.
If you are trying to connnect to Wi-Fi network, you should type in Wireless Password which is 8 digits.
Password is used to secure the powerline network in a different way.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=259
Options
2015-02-14 01:55:17
I have a password for the BT router which allows me to sign on to it, being 10 digits. This does not work.
I also have the password for the TP-Link device which you say is not relevant and anyway does not work.
I do not have a 8 digit password that I can try, other than the router admin password which IS 8 digits, but that does not work either.
I am still unable to sign on to the device. Any other ideas?
Options
2015-02-16 13:53:44
check the label on the TP-LINK, there should be password and wireless password.

Use the wireless password to connect wifi

PS: If you are using TL-WPA2220KIT, which includes a bigger unit and a smaller unit, you need to check the bigger one. The wireless password is on the label of the bigger unit.
Options
2015-02-16 23:11:17
Tobacco, you have sorted it for me. The point size on the label is so small I had not seen the wireless password. If only the instructions were clear "Use the router's SSID (ABCDE) and password to access the internet" was all there was and would not asssess that as being particularly helpful. Where is the vital word "WIRELESS"?
Thanks anyway.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 824

Replies: 4

Related Articles