Connection issues with modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-17 09:05:55
Region : Peru

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 6.0.0 Build 110119 Rel.25581

ISP : Movistar

I've been having this problem since a long time ago. The connection with my modem is unstable and that affects my connection overall, whenever I want to watch videos or play online games. I verify this using the command prompt from Windows, I introduce this command "ping 192.168.1.1 -t" and it shows awful latencies like 600, 800, 1000 and even 2500-3000 ms. It sometimes happens in the morning, sometimes evenings or afternoons, I don´t know what to do.
Even sometimes my modem uses to literally kick every device which is connected to the modem, and it takes like 20 seconds to reconnect.
All this happens sometimes, it´s not something which occurs the whole day.
What can I do?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection issues with modem
2015-02-17 11:50:59
How about status of ADSL light and Internet light when connection drops? Can you login its web interface at that time?
Firmware of your W8968 is the latest version?
Try to disable UPNP.
Options
Re:Connection issues with modem
2015-02-18 00:41:25

Vivian wrote

How about status of ADSL light and Internet light when connection drops? Can you login its web interface at that time?
Firmware of your W8968 is the latest version?
Try to disable UPNP.

I dont check those lights when connection drops. When that happens of couse I can login, but it takes more time than usual.
I dont know if its the latest version, how can I check that?
I'll try, thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 2

Related Articles