Problem TD-W8960N WIFI to WIFI Data transfer (almost ever slow)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-08 00:31:27
Region : Italy

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP : Infostrada

Hi guys,
my problem is:
i had a old modem\router (the alice telecom one adsl2 + voip) and i use to read some film via SAMBA server by two mediaplayer (Vodafone tv solution... a wyplay mediaplayer) and filea are on pc. PC is connected in WIFI.
With old router all works fine. With TD-W8960N the mediaplayer connected in Lan wired is well working but the one connected in wifi does not work.
Sometimes it work (2 times in my test) but problem is the connection speed. wifi to wired it's over 1,5 MB\s and works well. wifi to wifi it slow up to 200 KB\s.
I try with some setting but without results. I changed channel but problem go on even in free channels.
Can someone help me?
This is my second TD-W8960N , the first one i thing was broken and vendor changed it

Thank you

r
Options
8 Reply
Re:Problem TD-W8960N WIFI to WIFI Data transfer (almost ever slow)
2015-03-09 17:28:55
How about the speed to access internet wirelessly?
What's the firmware version of W8960? Is it up to date?
Options
2015-03-09 19:49:28
Hi M Diamond,
thank you for reply.
Internet is normally accessible, even when the wifi to wifi connection is 10 KB\s, internet goes good.
The 8960n is v5 and i try with the latest firmware on tplink site and also with the older, only fot testing... but no better.
I can add a detail.
When it is going well (i can transfer up to 3 MB\s pc to android) after a few of minutes, 2 or 3 , is slow in 20 KB\s, without a reason. If i'm fast to change something in Admin control panel, wireless advanced, it works fine for 2 or 3 minutes....

In all this situation the internet connection is normal (even wifi)
Thank you
Options
2015-03-10 17:37:55
With the first W8960N, do you have the same problem?
You'd better test WLAN to WLAN speed using some other wireless clients to make a comparison.
Options
2015-03-11 01:16:08
Yes, the first router has same problem
Tonight i found a way.
I test wlan to wlan speed (i already tested before and problem is ever here) but i change the wifi usb on PC. I used a old Atheros ug 5007 (only bg, NOT N) and i set up the router in bg 20 MHz. The speed transmission is low (max 2 MB\s ) but the connection is stable and it does not drop after touch the max speed as theprevious situation.
As i have 2 usb dongle wifi Ralink N (problematic ones) one of thath is yet connected to a mediaplayer and it works good.... I think thath "N" of tplink doesn't works well with N of this ralink dongle.... Is it possible?
Options
2015-03-11 16:18:06
I have never heard that tplink doesn't work with N ralink dongles... And as I know, some TP-LINK adapters are also use ralink chip.
You may try to update drivers of your ralink dongle.
Options
2015-03-11 16:25:29
Try to update driver for your ralink dongle.
As I know, TP-LINK also have some adapters using ralink chip. You may ask them to test.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2015-03-14 21:19:07
Hi M Diamond,
TP link support asked me to sobstitute the modem\router. I told they i've already changed it but may be a faulty forniture... Bah... Now i'll try in next days to have another modem\router, i hope to find the fiscal document to have it.
Options
2015-03-15 20:14:32
Hi
when you connect your old wireless device to 8960. your real wireless speed decreases to 10Mbps ( it might shows 54Mbps in your system). so you cannot do anything.
if you use the Ethernet interfaces then your network speed is 100Mbps. The best way to play smoothly HD movies .
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1206

Replies: 8