W9980 DNLA not showing media

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-10 04:30:04
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have set up my TD-W9980 and the USB media server is enabled and i have set one folder as the root directory, bu when i use my laptop, android device or WD Play it shows all of the directories but no media files within them (there should be AVI and MP4 files)

Is this a problem or something else, if i cant get it sorted then i will have to send the hardware back, which is a shame because i like the functionality.

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:W9980 DNLA not showing media
2015-03-10 17:09:26
Did you upgrade the latest firmware?
It looks like the DLNA compatibility issue. As I know, new DLNA module will be updated in some of TP-LINK models but not sure if W9980 is in one of them.
Options
Re:W9980 DNLA not showing media
2015-03-11 02:29:44
Thanks Tony,

I have updated to the latest version, i thought DNLA was a standard, and silly me expected a standard to be the same for everything, so either TP-Link implemented it incorrectly, in which case they need to update all products, or not sell them as Media Servers that support DNLA???

I will continue playing and see what happes, because as i said i really like the other functionality.

Regards

Stu
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 2

Related Articles