Archer C8 multicast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C8 multicast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C8 multicast
Archer C8 multicast
2015-03-24 17:43:28
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C8

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : latest

ISP : Plusnet

New C8, everything working apart from multicast IPTV channels (Unicast On-Demand channels are fine). Youview box is fed via a couple of Solwise AV homeplugs; IGMP proxy is set to "Yes" in Lan Settings. I can't see any other settings to be made.

This is a straight swap-in for my old Billion Bipac 7800n, so I know the set-up should work; I am now back using the Billion and the multicast channels are working without any problems

I have a message in to Tech Support but if I don't hear back soon the C8 will have to go back to Amazon, which would be a great shame as otherwise it seems like a decent piece of kit.

Thanks in advance

[UPDATE : all now working OK - thanks to Tech Support]
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C8 multicast
2015-03-26 14:41:34
Can you share how did you solve the problem? :)
Options
2015-04-21 20:47:18
apologies, only just noticed your post. This is the solution Tech Support gave me

In WAN Settings, below the PPPOE username and password select "Static IP" as "Secondary Connection" type, then input 169.254.1.23 and 255.255.255.0 as IP address and subnet . Reboot and should be good to go.

It's a similar solution to the one needed for my old Billion Bipac 7800n, which was to add a 2nd WAN connection as a type "bridge", in addition to the normal PPPOE connection
Options
2015-04-24 10:30:42
Goood~ Share a screenshot here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 725

Replies: 3

Related Articles