[TD-W8968 V3] [MTNL] Wi-Fi drops on certain devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-25 01:49:28
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 140821 Rel.52209

ISP : MTNL

Hi,
I recently purchased the TP Link TD-W8968 router, version 3, updated to latest firmware.
There are 2 major issues
1. On my ASUS X200MA-KX234D running Win 8.1 64bit, Wi-Fi drops rapidly and randomly. While it drops less rapidly on my Galaxy S2 or via LAN on my desktop. It does drop though, even though the ADSL line stays stable.
2. On my laptop not only does the connection drop, but when it's on, while browsing, some images load and some don't.

I have a 1Mbps MTNL line. And before this modem I used the ISP provided Binatone DM 856W. It worked flawlessly on all my devices, so I'm pretty sure that it's not a laptop driver's issue.
Is this fixable? Or does TP Link offer refunds on their products, because I'm really not good with networking issues and this is turning out to be a nightmare! :/
Options
6 Reply
Re:[TD-W8968 V3] [MTNL] Wi-Fi drops on certain devices
2015-03-25 16:37:14
You are suggested to contact support in India. :) I find the contact information on their website. Hope it helps.
For Support in India (English & Hindi Service) Call
(Calling from the US will reach a different company)
Toll Free:from inside India (Don’t call from the US) 1800 2094 168
E-mail:support.in@tp-link.com
Service Time:10:00AM to 6:00PM, Monday to Saturday.
Options
2015-03-25 17:43:18
I actually did that first.
The guy at the helpline even had me install a remote desktop software and tried to change several settings himself, but no use at all.
Even he gave up and said that he'd escalate the issue and his supervisor would call back, but no one ever did. It's been more than a week since then.
Options
2015-03-25 20:56:17
Unfortunately, if you browse through this forum, you will see you are not alone.

Personally, I am now on my 4th TP-Link router since December 2014!! Each one has had similar problems to you. There is a fundamental problem with the TP-Link kit - either hardware or firmware, I don't know. The only help I was given was to disable uPNP - this seemed to stabilise the device.
Options
2015-03-25 22:33:39

freddyg wrote

Unfortunately, if you browse through this forum, you will see you are not alone.

Personally, I am now on my 4th TP-Link router since December 2014!! Each one has had similar problems to you. There is a fundamental problem with the TP-Link kit - either hardware or firmware, I don't know. The only help I was given was to disable uPNP - this seemed to stabilise the device.

Thanks. At least now I can approach the service center with some confidence that it's their device that's at fault.
Options
2015-04-05 14:41:38

freddyg wrote

I am too having the same problem. freddyg, did you fixed the problem by disabling uPNP?
Options
2015-04-06 21:54:01

vrlkacha wrote

I am too having the same problem. freddyg, did you fixed the problem by disabling uPNP?

Hi, I actually followed up on this issue, and went to the service center in Skipper House, Nehru Place.
He did 2 things and somehow my router is working perfectly now.
You can try them too.
1) He re-installed the latest firmware (available on TP Link website)
2) On your ISP settings page (eg for MTN it's 192.168.1.1), go into Wireless > Advanced, and set the channel to anything below 11. 10 is working fine for me.
If the problem still persists he advised me to change the config on that same page (the channel one) from bgn to bg. I didn't have to do that, neither could he explain what this was for.
Hope this helps.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 754

Replies: 6