Adim admin does not let me access the UI

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-30 01:32:28
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have the300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router Model No. TD-W8970

I set it up successfully, however I now want to monitor up time and down time and take some screen shots of the SNR ect. I cant get into the routers interface using the default username and password . Admim / admin.

I did not change this in the routers settings.I have to restored to factory settings to make sure. I then set up the ISP info again and it successdfully logs onto the web based TP Link page . but when I put in admin / admin it tells me the username and PW is wrong. I cant keep resetting to factory defaults to the router each time I want to check something.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Adim admin does not let me access the UI
2015-03-30 15:35:08
Sounds strange.
What's the hardware version and firmware version of your TD-W8970?
Are you trying to login the web interface locally after set it up? Have you tried any other web browser or different computers?
Can you provide a screenshot of the login page and error message?
Options
2015-03-31 01:20:32
Hi Tony,
I dont know the firmware version because I cant access the interface . I am trying to access the interface after I have set it up locally with the ethernet cable. However, on subsequent attempts to connect via web browser I am using google Chrome. I am doing this wirelessly via the internet as my main machine is connected wirelessly. The manual says google chrome is compatable.
When I first set up the router I took my laptop into my hallway and connected via ethernet. But now the internet is working I need to connect to the web based interface wirelessly to get some screen shots of connectivity drops to send to talk talk. I cant take my big machine into the hallway to connect via ethernet cables.

I go to http://192.168.1.1 and it asked me to put in the user name and PW which I know is admin/admin and it says my user name is incorrect . I never changed it in the routers interface so I dont understand ? do I have to take my laptop and ethernet cable into the hall each time i need a screen shot of the uptimes SNRs ect ect ?

I just plugged in another Netgear router and I can access that interface fine connected wirelessly from the internet.

Terry, (lol EDIT Tony even :P )I will send a screen shot later when I have swapped the routers back to the TP Link one ..
Thank you very much
Options
2015-03-31 15:47:05
To find out the firmware version, you may have to reset it to factory defaults first.
Waiting for the screenshot... :D
Options
2015-04-01 01:42:40
:rolleyes: Crumbs Its a bit of a challege posting screen shots on this forum . Resize this and reduce pixel that .. Cant you just take my word for it .. Admin / Admin does not work .. :confused:
Options
2015-04-01 14:48:42
Umm, maybe but not clearly enough as screenshots...
Anyone else know your Wi-Fi password? If you reboot the router, can you login with admin?
Next time, after reset it, during configuration, change the Wi-Fi name and password. Besides, change the login username and password as well to see what happens.
Options
2015-04-04 21:54:20

My Wifi password is only known by one other person.

If I reboot the router - Admin / Admin does not work.
If I reset to factory defaults -Yes Admin Admin works but then I have to put in all my ISP info again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 6