Archer D5 - DLNA problems with ID3 Tags

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-12 22:04:58
Region : Italy

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.7 v002e.0 Build 141222 Rel.36478n

ISP :

My problem is that Archer D5 seems to have a fake DLNA: ID3 Tags for media files (title, artists, album, ...) are not sent to dlna clients, so clients see only filename. Is there something to configure? Tried with latest firmware available. Files is correctly shared with its media server, but results unusable without id3 tags metadata information. Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer D5 - DLNA problems with ID3 Tags
2015-04-14 10:54:29
What I know is that most TP-LINK routers are not DLNA authenticated so they are not well compatible with DLNA applications. (Some media types work but others fail..)

Since you already know the detailed problem in this function, I think you can submit a ticket to get contact with their advanced support.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2015-04-14 11:14:41
I heard from the support recently that the Archer series will adopt minidlna in the coming firmware. As I know from openwrt, minidlna is compatible with DLNA standard, so I think we can just wait for the new firmware.
Options
2015-04-14 11:16:15

radvd wrote

I heard from the support recently that the Archer series will adopt minidlna in the coming firmware. As I know from openwrt, minidlna is compatible with DLNA standard, so I think we can just wait for the new firmware.

That will be a really nice trick.
Options
2015-04-15 17:27:03
Thanks for reply. My Archer D5 has just DLNA compatible server in the firmware, but ID3 tags info are not sent to clients; all clients (including windows media player in Windows 8.1) can connect correctly to this DLNA server and play well various media format, but (tested with mp3 files) see only filenames so is impossible for the clients to build a media catalog based on artists or albums or ...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 4