WIFI problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WIFI problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WIFI problems
WIFI problems
2015-06-12 17:08:17
Region : Italy

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.2.8 Build 140401 Rel.49960n

ISP : TELECOM

Hello

I have a kit TL-WPA4226T but i prefer start the forum to the components of the kit (2 x TL-WPA4220).
i migrate from DLINK POWERLINE to TP-LINK to join the wifi repeater and ethernet repeater into a unique device.
I have ad heterogeneous network based on Samsung SmartTv, Iphones, Ipad, Aple TV, Daikin air cond., Samsung docking station, Epson printer and Synology NAS that ack as dhcp and dns server with some reservations. All devices are disposed into 2 floors home. The router is a DLINK without wifi connected to ethernet port of the TL-PA4020P.
Every 2 or 3 days i must reboot the repeater because wifi device seem connected but can't interconnect to each other device connected to same wifi o other repeater fiwi. So i aren't able to send a print to Epson wifi printer, ping other device neither reach web interface of each repeater. The only device that is reachable is the NAS and the ROUTER DLINK that are connected to the ETHERNET ports. I also try to connect to ethernet port when wifi fails and it work.
It seem a interconnection problem between wifi device connected to same repeater. Only reboot restore intercommunications.
I am very disappointed.

Firmware Version:
1.2.8 Build 140401 Rel.49960n
Hardware Version:
WPA4220 v1 08EF4015

Is there a beta firmware to test ?
Thank you
Options
1 Reply
Re:WIFI problems
2015-06-13 00:31:13
Hello,

This is an issue I have been
dealing for over a year, with a configuration with several devices like yours.

I actually notified TP-Link, provided packet dumps and they simply have been unable to provide an answer. I had a ticket that ran for months, they escalated to several support level, no solution.

I proposed them to send me a link I can use to reboot the device twice a day, but they avoided answering.

Below my original email to them.

---
Dear Sirs,
[/FONT]
This is a follow up of an Issue I am having with the TL-WPA4220.[FONT=verdana]

After a while even though devices connected to the TL-WPA4220 keep their Internet access, the communication among wireless devices connected to the TL-WPA4420s behaves similar to having AP Isolation active, the wireless devices connected to the TL-WPA4220 can access wired devices on my network but they can not communicate among them. To ease the trouble shooting I turned off WiFi in my wireless router so all devices in my WiFi use the TL-WPA4420 for WiFi access.

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]As I mentioned it is not possible to ping the devices wirelessly connected to the TL-WP4220s, or establish connections between them, for instance, after a while I cannot access WiFi IP cameras from other WiFi device but the connectivity works without issues from wired devices, and the devices do not lose connection to the Internet.

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]Once I reboot the TL-WPA4220s everything works for a while (up to 1 day) until the next reboot.

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]As rebooting the TL-WPA4420
I have been unsuccessfully trying to set up a script to reboot them twice a day using a HTML command that I could automatically send to the devices, something like "lynx http://[URL="http://admin:password@192.168.10.3/userRpm/SysRebootRpm.htm"]admin : password[/URL] @192.168.10.3/userRpm/SysRebootRpm.htm". I am confident that this would solve my issue because I have been manually doing this for weeks and it works.

​But I can not come with a valid string. Do you think that someone in Engineering could help giving me the html string that I could send to the TL-WPA4220 to simulate pressing the reboot button in the browser?

The situation is really annoying, especially because my WiFi cameras (including a Nanny Cam) and media servers lose connectivity on a daily basis with a WiFi clients and servers, rebooting the TL-WPA4420s immediately solve the issue.

I would be more than willing to grant remote access (on a pre-arrange schedule) to your engineers so you could first hand troubleshoot the issue. I really do not want to have to go expend more money buying different WiFi Powerline adapters, I already have 3x TL-WPA4220, 3x TL-PA4010 and 2x TL-PA411​, I am fairly happy with the PowerLine adapters because I was able to extend Internet access to all my devices, but the peer access within my LAN is not working​ consistently​.

-----

maranmichele@gmail.com wrote

Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.2.8 Build 140401 Rel.49960n

ISP : TELECOM

Hello

I have a kit TL-WPA4226T but i prefer start the forum to the components of the kit (2 x TL-WPA4220).
i migrate from DLINK POWERLINE to TP-LINK to join the wifi repeater and ethernet repeater into a unique device.
I have ad heterogeneous network based on Samsung SmartTv, Iphones, Ipad, Aple TV, Daikin air cond., Samsung docking station, Epson printer and Synology NAS that ack as dhcp and dns server with some reservations. All devices are disposed into 2 floors home. The router is a DLINK without wifi connected to ethernet port of the TL-PA4020P.
Every 2 or 3 days i must reboot the repeater because wifi device seem connected but can't interconnect to each other device connected to same wifi o other repeater fiwi. So i aren't able to send a print to Epson wifi printer, ping other device neither reach web interface of each repeater. The only device that is reachable is the NAS and the ROUTER DLINK that are connected to the ETHERNET ports. I also try to connect to ethernet port when wifi fails and it work.
It seem a interconnection problem between wifi device connected to same repeater. Only reboot restore intercommunications.
I am very disappointed.

Firmware Version:
1.2.8 Build 140401 Rel.49960n
Hardware Version:
WPA4220 v1 08EF4015

Is there a beta firmware to test ?
Thank you
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 1