ADSL Connection issue in Archer D7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-22 18:06:08
Region : India

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.12 v002d.0 Build 150514 Rel.33266n

ISP : Bharti Airtel

Model: Archer D7, AC1750 (Couldn't find exact model number in drop down menu)

Problem Statement:
1. ADSL connection fails to get initialized even after 5-10 mins.
2. ADSL connection gets established in subsequent reboots i.e it will connect once after 2-3 reboots

Observations:
1. When ADSL gets connected, the downlink speed detected is 13 Mbps instead OF 19 Mbps
2. When ADSL gets connected, internet browsing just work fine without any disconnections.
3. The ADSL line attenuation is verified by ISP technician and found to be in excellent range.
4. The ADSL configuration as verified by ISP technician is found Ok.
5. My Netgear router works flawlessly with 19Mbps downlink and no issue with ADSL connection initialization whatsoever.

Actions taken:
1. Initially ADSL connection auto-detect was not working during setup. Manual configuration was done and mentioned issue did persist.
2. Router was resetted to factory default settings and firmware was upgraded to 0.9.1 0.12 v002d.0 Build 150514 Rel.33266n which is the latest release as available in tp-link website.
3. Auto-detect function worked fine post firmware upgrade and connection was fine but when connection establishment was tested with couple of reboots, the issue persist.

Conclusions:
1. This is not hardware issue as router has already been replaced.
2. This is not ADSL line issue as it's working fine with other modems and routers.
3. This is not configuration issue because, the connection wouldn't have initialized at all in case of configuration issue. Same configuration works fine with other modem-routers.
4. This is suspected to a software bug in Tp-Link Archer D7.

Please help with you comments to move forward if you have faced similar issue.
Options
4 Reply
Connection Drop outs
2015-07-22 19:37:18
Hi,

I updated my Archer D7 to the newest version,

Firmware Version:0.9.1 0.12 v002d.0 Build 150514 Rel.33266n

Hardware Version:Archer D7 v1 00000000

now I'm facing a lot of disconnections my adsl+2 drops out on occasion,very sluggish performance, i have attached my log from the modem minus user details hopefully it helps you's make a fix,

Modem has been working fine till i updated it,

its very annoying and frustrating i believe that's the error log I'm getting i believe $169 modem is worthless now i was very hestient against buying your products because of alot of problems and now it just reconfirms its,

Not very happy
File:
log.txtDownload
Options
Update on Connection Failure (testing performed)
2015-07-24 02:22:46
I have performed the testing by altering DSL Modulation type and following is the observation:

Case 1: DSL Modulation Type = Auto Sync-up : Router fails to initialize ADSL connection. Internet doesn't work. ADSL light keep blinking but Internet light is down.

Case 2: DSL Modulation Type = ADSL2+ : Router fails to initialize ADSL connection. Internet doesn't work. ADSL light keep blinking but Internet light is down.

Case 3: DSL Modulation Type = ADSL2 : Router is able to initialize ADSL connection successfully. Internet and ADSL light turns ON. Internet works fine but at lower speed i.e 11.57 Mbps

This clearly indicates that Router is unable to establish connection with ADSL2+ as DSL Modulation type and hence the lower connection speed when it's set to ADSL2.
Options
Re:ADSL Connection issue in Archer D7
2015-07-24 16:22:30
Before upgrade the firmware, do you have to change DSL Modulation type?
Did you contact your ISP to check the line?
If it is fine on your ISP side, you may try to get a replacement under warranty.
Options
Reply to Vivian
2015-07-24 17:04:34
I have already got the router replaced. No, I haven't changed ADSL settings prior to upgrade. The ADSL line has been checked by the ISP technician and found ok.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 995

Replies: 4

Related Articles