Setting up media server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting up media server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting up media server
Setting up media server
2015-07-24 13:16:03
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently bought the TD-VG3631 and have been trying to set up the media server so that I can play my iTunes library from an external storage device connected to the router instead of locally. The music is on the external and doesn't seem to be being picked up by the router. I am on a mac, but I formatted the drive in FAT32 so that it could be read by the router but it still doesn't seem to be working at all. Any help or experience with doing this would be heplful.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Setting up media server
2015-07-24 16:06:15
Media Server function makes it possible to share media files such as pictures, music and videos to Windows Media Player, game console, and other compatible devices in the same local network.
But you said you want to access it remotely?
Options
Re:Setting up media server
2015-07-25 14:13:53
No, I want to be able to access the files on the same network but they don't seem to be showing up anywhere when I am connected to the network. I am hoping to be able to have my music library on an external that I can keep connected to the router so that I can stream my music from it while I am home(where the router is).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 448

Replies: 2

Related Articles