Connection setting W8970 v1 as Modem only to a separate router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-01 09:53:43
Region :

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I was using W8970 v1 as Modem Router (DHCP server as well) setting but to high traffic, it needed to be restarted like every 1-2 days.
Someone suggested me to use a dedicated router with higher spec to even out.

Now I'm unable to push ADSL connection to the router. I'm using EdgeRouter Lite as the new router set with eth1,2 as local bridged for APs and eth0 waiting for pppoe connection.
My VCI/VPI is 0/35

I already tried simpe bridging lan4/wan in default brdiging mode using to achieve same subnet of 192.168.1.x with everything else setting with several vpi/vci setting like 8/32, 8/35, 0/32, or 0/35 (I honestly don't know what this for though) and I've tried IPTV setting published in one TPLINK article and I don't think this is correct as it has different address already (192.168.2.x)

I wonder what I'm doing wrong, my knowledge of networking is DIY level.

Thank you
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection setting W8970 v1 as Modem only to a separate router
2015-08-04 15:49:03
You'd better reset W8970 to factory defaults and contact EdgeRouter's support to help you configure it.
In default, W8970 will work in bridge mode. To work with a router, if your ISP connection is PPPoE, you can configure it directly on the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 1