TP-LINK TD-W8968 V3 reboots randomly and limited Windows 10 support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-05 21:01:07
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I am having problem with my W8968 V3. It reboots randomly. There are around 6-7 devices connected to the modem/router most of the time. I have opened a Ticket regarding this and as per the support technician the issue could be due to the number of devices connecting the modem. So I tested it with just one device and found that it still reboots. Is anyone else facing a similar issue especially on W8968 v3 or other variants with usb sharing? Another issue I have noticed is that the USB Printer sharing is not working after I upgraded my computer from windows 7 to windows 10. As per the support executive, there are no Windows 10 software/driver available for Printer sharing.

Thank you,

Regards,

Bobby Thomas
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TD-W8968 V3 reboots randomly and limited Windows 10 support
2015-08-06 14:38:31
So I tested it with just one device and found that it still reboots.
All lights went off and came back on automatically for no reason?
Are you using the original power adapter? Try to Disable IGMP Snooping(Advanced Setup---LAN) to see if it works.

there are no Windows 10 software/driver available for Printer sharing
It is true...
Options
2015-08-06 21:20:03

Vivian wrote

So I tested it with just one device and found that it still reboots.
All lights went off and came back on automatically for no reason?
Are you using the original power adapter? Try to Disable IGMP Snooping(Advanced Setup---LAN) to see if it works.

there are no Windows 10 software/driver available for Printer sharing
It is true...

Hi Vivian,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm using the original power adapter. I will try disabling the IGMP Snoopong, It restarted again twice today while I was working (I work from home using VPN and when the device reboots I lose VPN and if I am in some call it will also gets dropped which is annoying.) Even before upgrading this to the latest firmware this issue was there, I thought new firmware update would fix it.

I'll try disabling IGMP snooping and will let you know the result.

Thank you,

Regards,

Bobby Thomas
Options
2015-08-10 22:19:20

bobbythomas wrote

Hi Vivian,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm using the original power adapter. I will try disabling the IGMP Snoopong, It restarted again twice today while I was working (I work from home using VPN and when the device reboots I lose VPN and if I am in some call it will also gets dropped which is annoying.) Even before upgrading this to the latest firmware this issue was there, I thought new firmware update would fix it.

I'll try disabling IGMP snooping and will let you know the result.

Thank you,

Regards,

Bobby Thomas

Hi Vivian,

I think disabling IGMP snooping worked, but still I am monitoring with more devices connected to the router, hope it will hold on. While the USB printer sharing started working on windows 10 after uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Bobby Thomas
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 3