W8968 WAN connection works for only few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-06 02:06:06
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

My Internet Service Provider in Hyderabad India is Beam Fiber/ACT Fibernet. I have a TD-W8968 which connects to cable using WAN dynamic IP mode. I have been seeing strange issues recently. Sometimes my beam connection doesnt work in any mode (dynamic IP and PPoE mode) in my router TPLINK TD-W8968. But if I connect its network cord to my laptop then it works. After few hours, somehow again it starts working when connected to my router. The frequency of this issue is like twice or thrice in a month.
When this issue happens my router logs show that 'Recv no OFFER, DHCP Service unavailable' for Dynamic IP mode and 'pado timeout errors' for PPoE mode. But at the same time if I connect the network cord to my laptop then it works perfectly in both the modes. I tried cloning my laptop mac in the router, changing the LAN ip address and tried but it did not work.
Last 3 days, the router only works during the nights and in the mornings is unable to connect to the internet but if i connect network cord to my laptop then it works for me.
The service provider says its not an issue at their side.
Did anybody face a similar issue? what could be the root cause here? Any solutions? How can I trouble shoot?

Thanks,
Ravi
Options
5 Reply
Re:W8968 WAN connection works for only few hours
2015-08-06 14:16:08
What's the hardware version and firmware version of your W8968?
W8968 is working as a wireless router, right? When the connection doesn't work, there is WAN IP address? Can you ping google.com or ping 8.8.8.8?
Try to change primary DNS and secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
Options
2015-08-07 01:10:12
Hi,

Hardware Version : TD-W8968 v2 00000000
Firmware version: 0.6.0 3.1 v0019.0 Build 150515 Rel.64236n
I upgraded the firmware couple of days thinking it will resolve this issue. Previously it was on last years firmware.

The router is not getting an IP address from the service provider and router logs show the error messages I mentioned in the first post.
Though, if I connect the cord to my laptop directly I am able to access internet.
The WAN IP address is always 0.0.0.0 when this happens.

Thanks,
Ravi
Options
2015-08-07 17:01:16
After firmware upgrade, did you reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it?
Directly connecting to your modem, the connection is stable?
Options
2015-08-07 22:41:46
1.Yes I had reset it to factory default settings and tested it. No help with it.
2. Its a cable net, so directly connecting to laptop works
3. No ADSL light since its its configured in WAN router mode. My internet cable goes in to the WAN port of this router.
Options
2015-08-10 14:18:13
How often does it happen?
In the title you said that it works for only few hours while you also said "The frequency of this issue is like twice or thrice in a month".

You'd better connect to the modem directly and test for a period of time.
Did you try to contact TP-LINK support on this issue?
http://www.tp-link.in/support-contact.html#E-mail-Support
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 533

Replies: 5