can i use bsnl wimax cpe tp link TD-W9801N?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-12 15:01:40
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I cannot access the tp link's internet settings page by typing ip address in my browser, only the CPE's configuration page comes on screen. But when I reboot the wimax CPE , the tp link router's configuration page loads for few minutes and I am able to use wifi in my smartphones. But its not always stable. what should i do to fix it?
Options
5 Reply
Re:can i use bsnl wimax cpe tp link TD-W9801N?
2015-08-13 11:34:11
W8901N and your CPE are using the same IP address?
Change one of them to be different.
Options
2015-08-16 20:29:59
There s no RJ45 cable port in my router, its only for ADSL(RJ11).

I have conected the BSNL(ISP) Wimax CPE s ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports in the router and another from router to PC(RJ45).
PC works fine via LAN but when I connect my smartphone via wifi, it doesn t always work. Only when I first restart the CPE, enter the IP address in my phone.

And then the TP link configuration message comes then I have to wait for the ISP s wimax configuration and the it works but not always only at the time I restart the CPE or just turned it on.
Options
2015-08-17 14:45:02
There s no RJ45 cable port in my router, its only for ADSL(RJ11).
Router refers to W8901N? It has one RJ11 port and four RJ45 ports.

I have conected the BSNL(ISP) Wimax CPE s ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports in the router and another from router to PC(RJ45).
RJ11 port on W8901N is not connected? What's the IP address, default gateway etc. obtained on your PC?
Are you trying to use it as an access point?
Options
2015-08-18 11:15:39
Yes, I'm using it as an access point, the customer care of TP link told me something like there's no grey coloured ethernet port in it, its only for dsl broadband connections not for wimax. Anyway, I am able to connect in my windows 8 desktop(via lan) and my smartphone(wifi). But when somebody else tries to connect the wifi he fails when I'm connected, then I have to turn off and the other one connects then I connect again and it works.And my ubuntu desktop doesn't connect, it shows the TP link configuration. I've made the IP address is same in cpe and router
Options
2015-08-24 21:04:10
thanks, it solves my problem.:cool:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 771

Replies: 5