USB sharing in Bridged mode.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-14 19:08:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I am planning to host a hardware firewall and for that I am planning to bridge the connection. So Just wanted to know whether the USB sharing feature works in bridged mode, I have my printers and storage devices connected to it. If it can be shared, what will be the management ip address of the router in bridge mode? What all features will not work in Bridge mode?

My ADSL router is TD-W8968 V3 runnung latest firmware.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bobby Thomas.
Options
2 Reply
Re:USB sharing in Bridged mode.
2015-08-17 16:43:39
PCs connect to W8968 should be able to access the USB drive.
But in bridge mode, to access internet, I guess they won't be connected to W8968, right?
Options
Re:USB sharing in Bridged mode.
2015-08-17 18:48:15

Vivian wrote

PCs connect to W8968 should be able to access the USB drive.
But in bridge mode, to access internet, I guess they won't be connected to W8968, right?

Actually I was planning to do a grouping of interfaces. {EWAN-firewall out connected interface} in one group and {Firewall inside connected interface and WLAN} in another group, but now I am planning to put Firewall infront of the router. So internet will be terminating on the firewall and router will be in the inside of the firewall. This way users on the inside will not have any problem accessing the USB sharing feature of the router. Only problem will be the remote FTP access to the Router for storage sharing access, which I am planning to implement it over a Remote Access VPN.

Hope this works.

Thank you Vivian.

Regards,

Bobby Thomas
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1195

Replies: 2