Archer D2 Not on computer available connection list:

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-19 17:45:32
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Archer D2 (New) Firmware: 0.6.0 0.7 v003e 0 Hardware: Archer D2 v1 00000000
Computer: HP Sleekbook 15 (15b119wm) Win-8 updated to Win 8.1 non touch 2 years old

WiFi working normally on computer before router change-over.

Installed new Archer D2. Installation went smoothly start to finish.

My Android devices see the new network and connect with no problem.

My HP laptop does not list the new connection under "Available Networks" and can not connect wirelessly.

I am able to connect via ethernet connection.

Any suggestions?? The router seems to be functioning properly but there seems to be an incompatibility issue with my computer or Windows 8.1.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer D2 Not on computer available connection list:
2015-08-19 21:16:34

Pridi16 wrote

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Archer D2 (New) Firmware: 0.6.0 0.7 v003e 0 Hardware: Archer D2 v1 00000000
Computer: HP Sleekbook 15 (15b119wm) Win-8 updated to Win 8.1 non touch 2 years old

WiFi working normally on computer before router change-over.

Installed new Archer D2. Installation went smoothly start to finish.

My Android devices see the new network and connect with no problem.

My HP laptop does not list the new connection under "Available Networks" and can not connect wirelessly.

I am able to connect via ethernet connection.

Any suggestions?? The router seems to be functioning properly but there seems to be an incompatibility issue with my computer or Windows 8.1.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks

Have you tried changing the Wifi channel? Also remove existing WIFI list from the Manage Wireless network section. If that doesn't work, take a backup of the existing config and reset the router to factory default and configure it from scratch.

Regards,

Bobby Thomas
Options
2015-08-20 10:03:13
Update driver of wireless card on your HP laptop.
Try to disable Wi-Fi security and check if it will connect.
Options
2015-08-20 15:42:35
Hi Vivian & BobbyT, thanks for responding.
According to HP and Ralink..my network adapter is up to date.

Sorry...very inept with this. I looked on Router page menu and can not see how to change channel or disable WiFi security. Suggest change channel to what?
Not sure I have the know-how to do default re-sets BobbyT suggests.
Options
2015-08-20 17:55:56
Vivian & BobbyT
Problem resolved...Bobby was on the right track with the channel change suggestion.. On another forum I was asked in what country I had purchased my HP computer. Answer:. In the USA.
It turns out that in the USA, router channels 12-16 (maybe 18) are restricted and can not be used for public WiFi, thus computers sold in the USA are restricted from seeing those channels.
When I set up my new router I let the router set up the default channel and by bad luck...it was 12. That is why my android devices purchased outside the USA could log on but my computer could not.
Changing the channel to an unrestricted one resolved the problem.
Thank you for your efforts helping me resolve this problem and I hope this knowledge will help somebody else with a similar issue.
David
Options
2015-08-20 23:17:04

Pridi16 wrote

Vivian & BobbyT
Problem resolved...Bobby was on the right track with the channel change suggestion.. On another forum I was asked in what country I had purchased my HP computer. Answer:. In the USA.
It turns out that in the USA, router channels 12-16 (maybe 18) are restricted and can not be used for public WiFi, thus computers sold in the USA are restricted from seeing those channels.
When I set up my new router I let the router set up the default channel and by bad luck...it was 12. That is why my android devices purchased outside the USA could log on but my computer could not.
Changing the channel to an unrestricted one resolved the problem.
Thank you for your efforts helping me resolve this problem and I hope this knowledge will help somebody else with a similar issue.
David

David,

Glad to know your issue is resolved. Hope this helps someone in future.

Bobby Thomas
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 686

Replies: 5