How to find WAN MAC address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-24 19:10:13
Model : TD-W8961ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3

ISP :

Hello everybody:
I just want a way to find the WAN MAC address of this modem router. I want to replace this modem router with a separate adsl modem and router, but my ISP has registered the MAC address of this device and will not allow me to change it. If I know the MAC address then I can use MAC spoofing on the new router and my problem will be solved. I could not find the WAN MAC address on the web interface. I tried to play with telnet commands but that did not help either. Please any information will be useful.
Options
4 Reply
Re:How to find WAN MAC address
2015-08-25 17:26:28
my ISP has registered the MAC address of this device and will not allow me to change it...

I don't understand why your ISP cannot help to change it after you use a new device...
On status page of W8961ND, there is MAC address. Or you may find it on the bottom of device itself.
Options
2015-08-25 21:35:20

Vivian wrote

my ISP has registered the MAC address of this device and will not allow me to change it...

I don't understand why your ISP cannot help to change it after you use a new device...
On status page of W8961ND, there is MAC address. Or you may find it on the bottom of device itself.

I don't understand either :(.
I thought that is the LAN side MAC address not the WAN one..? Or is the the same MAC address for both?
Options
2015-08-26 07:28:13

Vivian wrote

I don't understand either!
I thought that MAC address which is printed on the bottom of the device is LAN MAC address not the WAN one. Or are they the same?
Options
2015-08-26 14:55:55
Did you login web interface of W8961ND? MAC addresses on Status page and on its bottom are the same or different?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2076

Replies: 4

Related Articles