Archer VR900 random error "Please try to configure your DNS manually."

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR900 random error "Please try to configure your DNS manually."

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
107 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 random error "Please try to configure your DNS manually."
2020-03-16 06:06:06

@balvack 

Hi, what's the hardware version and firmware version of your modem? Who is your internet service provider?

Please send us the whole screenshot of the Advanced--Status page. We will check.

Options
2020-03-18 11:05:04

Hi. I would also report the same issue with a VR 600 router. This has been ongoing for >2months, with a lot of discussion with my ISP (Plusnet) and engineer visits confirming no problems with the line itself. I connected another router to check this awhile ago but had the same problem. I thought that ruled out the router but my big mistake was connecting another TPLink router !  Looks like this may have had the same issue.

Is there something available for the VR 600 router. Below is the firmware version, suggesting no official update is available.

Symptoms are similar to others - regular loss of connection, lights remain on the router, resetting the router reconnects or it reconnects within a few minutes by itself. This all then repeats 10/20/30 times a day.

Any assistance/beta upgrade would be very welcome.

Options
2020-03-18 11:59:59

Further to my message above, for TPLink's info I am in the UK. Provider is Plusnet.

Options
2020-03-19 07:56:03

@RubberDuck18 

Hi, beta firmware sent to your inbox already, please check. 

Options
2020-03-19 19:39:17

@Stella.Q 

Thank you Stella. Will give it a try over the week end.

Please can you briefly let us know what is different in the beta version?

Like mentioned in other posts I confirm the disconnect happens when the upload is saturated. Is this what is handled by the beta version?

Options
2020-03-19 21:04:57

I doubt they will tell you anything specifically, very likely 'improvements and bug fixes', same generic wording you probably would see for Android or iOS updates for a smartphone/device...also the software is Beta too.

I noticed on another poster's screenshots, there might be some graphs e.g. that monitor CPU and Memory usage of the modem router.

Behold, while typing this post, the infamous error message.

This is with the traffic monitoring toggled off

Options
2020-03-19 21:12:14

Also having recently done some testing with different DNS servers, making use of Quad 9; the results seem to be an improvement for when downloading large multiple gigabyte files while at the same time viewing short streams of news/video clips is stable, but some e-commerce sites I attempt to browse to while making use Quad 9, the browsers does not seem to like; so had to revert back to Cloudflare.

Another poster in another thread seems to have a more positive experience with Open DNS... 

Options
2020-03-20 10:53:05

@456 

For some reason the traffic monitor is not working for me...

Options
2020-03-20 13:29:00

@Stella.Q 

I have applied the Beta firmware and have to wait and see what happens to the router.

Options
2020-03-22 20:19:41 - last edited 2020-03-22 20:20:12

@Stella.Q

Please see the screen captures of the router running the Beta firmware.

Below, is the DSL dashboard for router uptime.

Below is screencapture of the HTTPD system log

Options