Archer vr900, Migrating config from a netgear router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-14 11:14:42 - last edited 2020-09-16 10:04:38
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: ArcherVR900(EU)_V3_200708

Hello people

I am trying to migrate from an old netgear router to an Archer VR900 and I am struggling with transcribing the config for my ISP.  They are being completely unhelpful as I am not using their provided (rubish ASUS) router.

So here is the netgear config

I have done most of this but I am still not getting a broadband connection

This is what is have configured so far

But the connection does not work

The ISP also mentions

802.1P = 7

MTU 1480

TCP MSS 1440

Any advise would be awesome or if I can configer from CLI that would be cool

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer vr900, Migrating config from a netgear router-Solution
2020-09-16 10:04:24 - last edited 2020-09-16 10:04:38

@J0hn_-Bank. 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

At the back of the Archer VR900, which port is connected to your ISP, DSL port or LAN/WAN port?

--if it is LAN/WAN port, you might need to change the operating mode to wireless router first;

(operation mode is under advanced>operation mode);

--if it is DSL port, please make sure the DSL status is connected and DSL modulation type Is VDSL2;

And may I know who Is your internet service provider?

Thank you very much!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer vr900, Migrating config from a netgear router-Solution
2020-09-16 10:04:24 - last edited 2020-09-16 10:04:38

@J0hn_-Bank. 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

At the back of the Archer VR900, which port is connected to your ISP, DSL port or LAN/WAN port?

--if it is LAN/WAN port, you might need to change the operating mode to wireless router first;

(operation mode is under advanced>operation mode);

--if it is DSL port, please make sure the DSL status is connected and DSL modulation type Is VDSL2;

And may I know who Is your internet service provider?

Thank you very much!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer vr900, Migrating config from a netgear router
2020-09-16 10:40:48

@Sunshine 

Hello

Thanks for the reply.  Yes this is for a broadband connection using the DSL port not LAN.

This router had previously worked without issue until I updated the firmware to the latest level.

So I cleared the config and reconfigure from scratch

I suspect it is just some fine tuning settings.

As I said my previous Netgear worked with the shown config and still does.

The DSL line checks out all good.

Thanks

John 

Options