Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
67 Reply
Re:Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain
2016-02-23 11:09:40
lên là lên
Options
2016-02-24 16:38:11

hainam134567d1 wrote

lên là lên

what????
Options
2016-02-26 05:58:23

alfredo87 wrote

what????

Possible he is trying to fix the issue but doesn't understand English...
Options
2016-02-26 16:29:50
Options
2016-02-29 17:33:37

hainam134567d1 wrote

lên là lên

Up Is Up Is Up Is Up
Options
2016-03-01 16:52:41
I really hope to hear something about this soon. I just bought an Archer C9 today and was disappointed to find out the shared printing feature doesn't work for Macs. I'm considering returning it now, while I still can. I like the router, but it doesn't bode well when compatibility breaks and remains broken for many months, with only second-hand reports of customer service emails saying a fix is on the way.

Maybe I should get an Airport Extreme. I haven't decided what to do yet.
Options
2016-03-03 21:35:12
I got an answer from Apple. I hope some of the TP-Links developers will read this! After all it is just a matter of standing behind your products and develop the correct software. Or does it come down to (lack) of knowledge?

c/p:

Thank you for your email to Apple Developer Program Support regarding the removal of IOUSBControllerV3, UIMCreateControlTransfer, and CreateRootHubDevice.

My name is Maegan, and I sincerely apologize for the time it has taken to respond to your request. I will certainly be happy to assist you, in any way I can.

I understand from your email that we removed IOUSBControllerV3, UIMCreateControlTransfer, and CreateRootHubDevice, which make printing via USB network from a router obsolete.

I wanted to let you know that we provide administrative-level support to members of the Apple Developer Programs. Therefore, I would be unable to give you direct feedback regarding the removal of these technologies, however, I did find some documentation you may find helpful.

First, I found "Kernel Changes for Objective-C lists” which does list all three of these technologies removed:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/releasenotes/General/APIDiffsMacOSX10_11/Objective-C/Kernel.html

However, there are other technologies that may be useful to making the USB printing experience possible with Mac OS X El Capitan.

Secondly, I found that other developers, whom were also interested in finding useful alternatives, were able to obtain solutions from "USB Release Notes - OS X v10.11 Changes":

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/releasenotes/Darwin/RN_USB/Articles/10_11Changes.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007739-CH3-SW1

If neither of these articles are useful for you, you may consider posting a thread on the Apple Developer Forums, to see what other developers have used to implement USB printing with El Capitan:

http://devforums.apple.com

I hope that this information is helpful to you. If you have any questions or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us. Refer to your case ID: 1057935588. Have a great day!

Best Regards,

end c/p
Options
2016-03-11 17:09:51
TP developers have read this because I emailed them! Here is the reply:
"Dear Alfredo,

Latest news , we have communicate with our RD, they said it's still difficult to make a utility .

Apple still doesn't provide some code which is necessary to the utility .
They have contact with APPLE but no effect.

So , looks like we are difficult to make a utility now ...
Wish we could got some clue before long.
I will keep you update if we got some progress."
Options
2016-03-23 18:04:47
What a way to kill an otherwise excellent router. I remember waiting months for a version that would work with 10.9 Yosemite and now here it is again, on top of the app being incredibly buggy and unpredictable even when it worked. My Windows using flatmates are making fun of me already. I was considering whether to get a new printer or router last year, but now I think I've decided.
Options
2016-03-27 16:10:13

ddx wrote

What a way to kill an otherwise excellent router. I remember waiting months for a version that would work with 10.9 Yosemite and now here it is again, on top of the app being incredibly buggy and unpredictable even when it worked. My Windows using flatmates are making fun of me already. I was considering whether to get a new printer or router last year, but now I think I've decided.

You are right and the only way out ,thanks to bl..dy Apple is buy another modem router or dump your Mac and return to Windows or Linux. My sources at other manufacturers are confirming that there is no solution since Apple eliminated all the interface code: BIG BROTHER APPLE IS TELLING NOTHING...
Options
Related Articles