TP-Link TD-W8961N Power and Internet LED Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-04 08:45:50
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello
I’d like to ask a couple of question about my router modem.
First of all, this modem came from the ISP, so it has a modified firmware. I really want to upgrade the firmware to the default TP-Link firmware (another reason is to remove the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] SSID).
I am able to do that and the firmware has been downloaded from here http://www.tp-link.co.id/download/TD-W8961N.html. But it seem like I have a problem, after the upgrade complete, I go to Status to check the Firmware Version but there is no version only the Build number showed up.

But not only that, the power LED on the modem always have a red color no more change to green, and the internet LED is turned off. Actually the modem is turned on and the internet is working fine. I am wondering if I do something wrong when upgrading the firmware or did the modem isn’t supporting the firmware version? I really hope if you guys can help me. Thanks you in advanced and I’m looking forward for your response. ;)

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link TD-W8961N Power and Internet LED Problem
2015-10-09 14:53:52
Numbers after bulid is the right firmware version. It is lucky that internet is still working as the lights are quite abnormal... Did you confirm with your ISP if it is allowed to upgrade the default TP-LINK firmware?
Options
Re:TP-Link TD-W8961N Power and Internet LED Problem
2015-10-10 17:45:03

Vivian wrote

Numbers after bulid is the right firmware version. It is lucky that internet is still working as the lights are quite abnormal... Did you confirm with your ISP if it is allowed to upgrade the default TP-LINK firmware?

I didn't ask my ISP about it, but I think generaly it is not allowed. By the way I did ask the TP-Link support, and they said both firmware have different rules for lighting, that is why I have an abnormal lights.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4499

Replies: 2

Related Articles