Archer d9 media server problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-22 01:54:38
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

G'day,
I'm having problems a couple of problems with the Archer D9.
Firstly the media server function is not able to playback video files encoded into the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (mp4) format. It will playback the audio fine but no video. I was under the impression Tp link was aware and working on the issue but it was not addressed in the latest firmware update so when will it be?
Secondly does TP Link have a port forwarding guide specifically for the D9. I have followed all the usual steps and when I check my ports it says they're still closed. It's disappointing as it's marketed as good for gaming but doesn't perform as well as my old tp link 8960 modem did.
Any help with these issues would be much appreciated..
Cheers
SCOTT.
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer d9 media server problems
2015-10-22 15:02:08
Hi Scott,
1. What kinds of device do you use to access media server? Current firmware version is 150826?
2. Configuration steps of port forwarding on D9 and W8960 are similar to each other. You may provide configuration screenshots on both routers here.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-478.html
Options
2015-10-26 01:55:09

Vivian wrote

Hi Scott,
1. What kinds of device do you use to access media server? Current firmware version is 150826?
2. Configuration steps of port forwarding on D9 and W8960 are similar to each other. You may provide configuration screenshots on both routers here.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-478.html

G'day Vivian,
Yes the firmware is the current update 150826 and the device I'm using to access the media server is a WD Live media player. I was told by the TP Link tech support it could be a DLNA issue ...

In this case, it may be the DLAN issue. The latest firmware of D9 cannot support standard DLNA module yet. Thus, it may be the compatibility problem between D9 and your WD Live Media player box. We have planned to add the support for DLNA in the firmware. However, we cannot make sure when the firmware will be released.

But if this is the case why would I only be having an issue with the mp4 file type?? All the other file types ie. avi, mkv etc play without issue through the same media player. Also if I directly connect the hard drive to the WD Live I have no issues playing the same mp4 files.

Cheers
:)

[COLOR=#000000] [COLOR=#000000]

Options
2015-12-29 20:51:40
I have the same problem. No MP4 files are shown in player (android, sont tv, etc..)

Have you tried to change the file extention?

Switch from mp4 to m4p for example and let me know

It's obviously a bug on firmware and it's a shame that is unfixed for so long time
Options
2016-02-26 10:35:08
The latest firmware for Archer D9 is 160115.
You can try to upgrade it and check if it fixed the problem.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-D9.html#Firmware
Options
2016-02-26 17:04:43

kunkka wrote

The latest firmware for Archer D9 is 160115.
You can try to upgrade it and check if it fixed the problem.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-D9.html#Firmware

G'day Kunkka,
Is that 160115?? On the website is still shows the latest firmware as being 150826 but on a separate issue I also had problems with this (150826) firmware producing thousands of downstream packet errors, over 40000 in a 5 hr period. After talking to my ISP and testing where the problem was, it came down to a firmware problem so I have now rolled back to the previous version, 150514 with no more downstream packet errors.
Options
2016-08-22 18:00:49
Hi all,
Are there any update on this issue?
Options
2016-08-23 00:50:25
I am not aware of any updated firmware. Waiting patiently.

Javedformiandad might want to know that error reporting in 150514 does not work. This is why he no longer sees any downstream packet errors. Error reporting does work in 150826 and the 16XXXX regional versions of the same.
Options
2016-08-23 20:59:06

Sparks wrote

I am not aware of any updated firmware. Waiting patiently.

Javedformiandad might want to know that error reporting in 150514 does not work. This is why he no longer sees any downstream packet errors. Error reporting does work in 150826 and the 16XXXX regional versions of the same.

@ Sparks,
Cheers for that mate...yeah the only update I had on the issue was by upgrading to the newest firmware (160303) and there were still some downstream packet errors but not nearly as many as with the old (150826) firmware.
As I have now moved to an nbn connection and didn't realise the Archer d9 doesn't do vdsl, even though it has a big sticker on the box that says NBN ready, I'm now trying to nut out how to network it as a wireless router with a TG-1 internode (iinet) modem/router but not having much success.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1617

Replies: 8