W8980 with USB Hard Drive - Drive is constantly been accessed wven when no PC's on network !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

W8980 with USB Hard Drive - Drive is constantly been accessed wven when no PC's on network !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-06 00:16:22
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

Device Information
Firmware Version:0.6.0 1.8 v000e.0 Build 150514 Rel.40138n

[B]Hardware Version:TD-W8980 v1 00000000

Connected to Seagate 4tb expansion USB drive - formatted with 2 x1.85tB partitions.

Firstly, the router only sees one of the partitions, so my new 4TB drive - I should have bought 2x 2TB units instead !

Main problem though is that the USB drive is constantly spinning - whihc I'm sure is not good for it.

This is not a proble if the drive is connected to PC as even if the PC is left on to hibernate, the drive will spin down to save pwoer and wear.

When connected to the W8980, it is constantly running and I'm concerned about wear and tear.

Any ideas ??

USB drive settings are total vanilla -i.e. nothing special.
Storage setting Enabled - Anonymonous access enabled
FTP server disabled
Media Server disabled.

Thanks in advance

[/B]
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 683

Replies: 0

Related Articles