Archer VR900 wont reconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-15 04:26:50
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All
I just bought a Archer VR900 about 2 weeks back , got it all setup and connected to plusnet fibre broadband .
So first thing after i set it up ....i thought i would update the firmware to the latest one Archer_VR900_V1_151111
Well it rebooted but would not reconnect to the net .....so eventuall i rebooted it ....and it reconnected to net again after a bit of time.

Its been fine for 2 weeks ....until today when we had a power cut ....modem reconnect ...but dont know how long it took as was at work.
6pm tonight ...power went off again ...but will not reconnet to net ....tried rebooting and even factory reset but still no good.

Found my old BT homehub 5 out and that connected fine.

So next step i though i would flash back to the orginal firmware that router came with .. Archer_VR900_V1_150909
Router rebooted and connected to the net straight away ....so guessing the new firmware has issues.

Any one else had this ?
Have contacted TP Link abaout this issue too.

Karl
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 wont reconnect
2015-12-19 19:51:16
Since i last contacted you about this issue ....my ISP had found a fault ....which i think they have fixed ...so tried the VR900 again as i have been using my BT homehub 5 since had the issue. (I had tried to reconnect the VR900 ...but no good , flashed firmware again ...no good ...just got to the point where it would not connect , but my homehub 5 did so used that instead )

Now on connecting it back up again ...it would not connect ....flashed firmware again just incase but still no connection , rebooted etc ...still no connection.

So rang support and we went through everything again ( all settings fine )....still not connecting to isp ....it had connection to DSL as was giving the max upload and download speed but just would not connected to the internet.

The lady on the phone said to reboot the router ...which i did .....and it connected then.
I had to turn it off again 10 mins later as needed to install the wiring properly ....and it reconnected no problem after.
I did disconnected that night for about 35 seconds at around 12.45 am ...but reconnected .
So at moment it is working again.

But when i first installed the router on default firmware ...it connected ...then after updating firmware it would not connect till i rebooted it .....which is like it did when the lady at support was trying to help.

I have read on the net of a few people ( amazon users ) who have had issues with this router ....and not connecting to ISP . Do you think maybe there is a bug in the firmware not allowing the connection to my ISP even though i have a DSL connection ?

My ISP is Plusnet ( BT openreach ) ...the VID number is 101 .
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 1

Related Articles